PDA

View Full Version : Waitlist in Dec

AirlineGuy07
06-29-2008, 07:42 PM
We are going to the World Dec 9-14. Has anyone's waitlist come through in Dec in the past? I know its a popular time of the year for DVC owners. We are have a 2 bedroom and a 1 bedroom at SSR. We are waitlisted for BCV, AKV and VWL for a 2 bedroom and studio. W have stayed at SSR the last three times. Its a great resort but I don't want to stay at the same place all the time. My chances are probably slim to none right?

Sunshine1010
06-29-2008, 08:46 PM
We're going Dec. 5-14. At my specific 'allowed' date...I called every day first thing in the morning and switched over from my SSR to OKW. I got EVERY day EXCEPT Dec. 7th. I still haven't gotten that day.

It's still around 6 months away, but the fact that MS states that ALL DVC resorts are filled up on Dec. 7th (for some unknown reason) makes me a little scared.

P.S. I'm like you....my home resort is SSR and I absolutely love it. But we also like to try different resorts.

ElenitaB
06-29-2008, 11:29 PM
The reason that all DVC resorts are booked, may just be that MouseFest will be taking place in early December. Well, that and the fact that it's a great time to visit combined with "Adventure" pricing.

Sunshine1010
06-29-2008, 11:57 PM
MouseFest?....

Will this significantly increase the crowds at the parks?

dlpmikki
06-30-2008, 05:45 AM
Mousefest is the weekend after (although there i a cruise portion before). We are only talking about a few hundred people so it is not going to be a huge impact on crowd levels. I thought it might be because of the DVC AGM but that is on the 9th December.

Sunshine1010
06-30-2008, 01:33 PM
Oh I see....

Well, what exactly 'is' a Mousefest? Disney diehards meeting? That would be sweeeeeet.

AirlineGuy07
06-30-2008, 03:54 PM
Hey what happened to my orginal question about if anyone's Dec waitlist has come through...lol

lockedoutlogic
06-30-2008, 05:06 PM
Hey what happened to my orginal question about if anyone's Dec waitlist has come through...lol

I just called inquiring about anything available and there are no more than 2 nights in any category consecutively for any portion of the month.....

six months out and the grid is jammed.....

stinks to have a "model flexible" timeshare that can't really be used freely.....

thumperbug
06-30-2008, 06:47 PM
I would not give up hope. When we were planning our Dec 07 trip...we called on the 7th month mark and there was nothing..nada....zilch....anywhere for a studio or 1 bedroom.

We usually go the 2nd week of December...light crowd times....We kept trying all combinations of dates and kept calling back....and low and behold...on one of our "just try and see calls" we were able to get the resort we originally wanted for the ORIGINAL dates we wanted.

When you are told everything is full up..don't panic. That doesn't mean every resort is booked up. During certain times of the year they don't necessarily keep every room in the resort available. They may only keep 60% of them available based on time of year, renovations and staffing.

December is an awesome time of year to go just before the holidays. Crowds are light, weather can be warm and the holiday decor is magical. If you are on a waitlist and wish to stay there...do that or take the initiative and give an occasional call. Good Luck

lockedoutlogic
06-30-2008, 08:39 PM
I would not give up hope. When we were planning our Dec 07 trip...we called on the 7th month mark and there was nothing..nada....zilch....anywhere for a studio or 1 bedroom.

We usually go the 2nd week of December...light crowd times....We kept trying all combinations of dates and kept calling back....and low and behold...on one of our "just try and see calls" we were able to get the resort we originally wanted for the ORIGINAL dates we wanted.

When you are told everything is full up..don't panic. That doesn't mean every resort is booked up. During certain times of the year they don't necessarily keep every room in the resort available. They may only keep 60% of them available based on time of year, renovations and staffing.

December is an awesome time of year to go just before the holidays. Crowds are light, weather can be warm and the holiday decor is magical. If you are on a waitlist and wish to stay there...do that or take the initiative and give an occasional call. Good Luck

the only thing that keeps the inventory below 100% are maintenance and extended periods of low occupancy that are forecasted at least 4 months in advance.....which hasn't happened since 2002.....

people are often inclined to think that hotels are distorting numbers about reservations....

some probably often do....

If it has "Disney" in the title.....no sir....

they make money with full rooms....and though they aren't the best employers on earth.....they can't really afford to indiscriminantly mess with staffing levels to attempt to cut down on operating costs.....
...not with a workforce of that size....

the rooms are available and they attempt to fill them when they can't fill them automatically.....

festivals....events...."free dining"...all originally created to fill gaps in the schedule....

they usually work....

december at DVC is booked because there are 130,000 or so members vying for 2,500 or so units during a reduced point season with the added bonus of everyday being christmas.....

if they're full....they're full....

but i congratulate anyone who gets lucky enough to get what they want.....

and doesn't get off the phone discouraged as has been happening with increasing frequency....