PDA

View Full Version : Tips for Big Guys & Gals

VolMickey
06-29-2008, 12:16 PM
:blush: Got any tips for us, uhm-- folks who "live large"? I'm thinking about issues like dealing with the heat, walking the width and breadth of the parks, keeping up with the "lighter" Joneses? Would appreciate any suggestions and tips. Thanks!

cal5755
06-29-2008, 01:17 PM
I am pooh sized too :pooh: !! I am also very short.... 4'11" 210lbs....... I have never had any problems in Disney. Maybe it is because I am a waitress and am used to being on my feet but walking was never a problem. I also do richard simmons tapes twice a week (great fun and the kids love it too). Plus it is not like just walking a marathon... you walk then ride or take in a show so there is lots of resting too. I just suggest a great comfy pair of sneakers with socks... I have no problem keeping up with my husband and kids who are not pooh sized.

For heat.. shows and rides have air conditioning.... our family takes a ziplock bag.. fills it with ice and takes 2 damp washcloths from the hotel and puts them in the bag with the ice... when we are hot we just wipe our necks, wrists and faces with the cloths. We also use the spray bottle fans though I like the cold cloths better.

Have a super magical trip!

RockinRollerMom
06-29-2008, 02:02 PM
If you have the option of traveling during a not so hot month I would highly reccomend it. I had so much more stamina on our December trips than I had on previous trips in April, May, August and September. I also don't ride all of the thrill rides so I would find a nice shaded or AC spot to rest while my DH and DD when on the rides.

Eeyore_fan
06-29-2008, 07:19 PM
Well I haven't been to disney yet, (34 days and counting though), the people here have been ectremely helpful! There is a site that was recommended to me and I found it so helpful. It gives you pictures of the rides and the seats so you at least feel comfortable knowing that you should be okay! I will post the link here and I hope you have a wonderful trip, I know I will!!

This is the link to the PLus Size Website!
http://allears.net/tp/ridsiz.htm