PDA

View Full Version : Birthday Dinner at Magic Kingdom

Georgesgirl1
06-29-2008, 07:47 AM
DH and I will be in the Magic Kingdom for my birthday (September 29th), and we are trying to decide where to eat. I called and of course Cinderella's Royal Table is completely booked for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I wish I could have made the ADR earlier, but we just had to change our dates due to something that came up at DH's work. I plan to keep calling to see if I can get a spot due to cancellations.

What other suggestions do people have for a good place to eat a birthday dinner in MK, the monorail resorts or Wilderness Lodge? Here are our requirements. We need a place that is under $50 per person (no Victoria and Albert's for us!) I will also be 6 months pregnant at the time so I need something with a lot of choices since my cravings and aversions seem to change daily!

Ohana would normally be my next choice after Cinderella's Royal Table, but the thought of all that meat is something I don't think I will be able to stomach at that point in my pregnancy! I made an ADR for Kona Cafe just to have something, but we have never been there before. It looked like it had a several things on the menu that appealed to both DH and I and was decently priced, but what are people's experience with Kona? I have heard the breakfast is awesome, but don't know much about dinner.

Any help anyone can give would be great...
Thanks,
Kristin

Madame Leona
06-29-2008, 08:54 AM
We are going for my Birthday in Oct and I picked Liberty Tree Tavern for dinner. We've eaten there before and the food was good. Plus, I like the characters and the atmosphere.

dolphinmickey9170
06-29-2008, 09:47 AM
Kristin....we really enjoy Kona Cafe. The offerings were awesome. The atmosphere is great, just knowing I am at Poly makes it all better. You can even hear the music coming from Ohana. We really had a great meal. I hope you do too, and Happy Birthday!:mickey:

They were very accomodating to change the offering to suit us. We wanted the filet, we asked them to add teriyaki to it. We asked for mashed potatoes and broccoli to our meal. This was quite easy.

Kairi_7378
06-29-2008, 10:19 AM
I think that Kona Cafe is a very good bet, considering your requirements. It gets rave reviews on the boards for both breakfast and dinner.

Another option that may work for you would be Artists' Point at the WL. It's very quiet and peaceful and the food is very good.

I don't think I'd pick any of the restaurants in the MK (other than Cindy's, which isn't available).

tinkerbelle75
06-30-2008, 06:10 PM
How about the Cinderella dinner at 1900 PF? We couldn't get into the castle but are excited about this one for my daughter's birthday...Check info central for the offerings...Good Luck finding something you're happy with!:mickey:

sisterdisco
06-30-2008, 06:22 PM
Consider Liberty Tree Tavern.
It will be a nice sit down break in your day.
Food is great.....not too spicy----a good balanced meal.
Also--in 3 months, hopefully, the food aversions will be gone!

While Whispering Canyon Cafe is very good, it gets VERY LOUD----which may not be what you feel like at 6 mo's along.

Happy Birthday early :party:

KathyMJ
06-30-2008, 06:32 PM
Kona is my favorite! I just love the filet..it melts in your mouth. And their sticky wings are incredible. They also have a mouth watering banana creme brulee. OR...sometimes I ask the CM if I can get the bread pudding from OHana! They are always happy to accommodate :D

sisterdisco
06-30-2008, 06:40 PM
ARE YOU KIDDING ME???????????????????????:
yay:

We are trying Kona this year, and I LOVE the bread pudding :cloud9: at O'Hana........maybe if we ask really nicely, they will bring me some too!!!!

Thanks for the info!

SBETigg
06-30-2008, 06:57 PM
I recommend Grand Floridian Cafe. It's elegant, but comfortably so, with a really good selection and good service. Kona Cafe didn't cut it for us. We had a terrible meal, bad service, and it felt like we were eating in the middle of the lobby. I much prefer GF Cafe. But Kona has a large and devoted following, so you may enjoy that as well.

Georgesgirl1
07-03-2008, 07:08 PM
Thanks for the advice guys! I think I like the idea of 1900 Park Fare. I didn't think about doing a character meal at another place.

Kristin

TammiMcMan
07-04-2008, 04:06 PM
1900 Park Fare Character Dinner $29.99/pp includes non-alcoholic beverage ~ buffet items can include soup, salads, pasta, prime rib, curry chicken, pork and dessert assortment

GF Cafe (most casual and least expensive choice), entrees include a cheeseburger $12, shrimp penne pasta $18, NY Strip Steak $28, chicken breast $17.

WL Artist Point (relaxing, upscale option), include chicken breast $26, tenderloin $37, scallops $29

GF Narcoossees (on the water, great Wishes and EWP views), chicken breast $26, scallops $32, filet mignon $38