PDA

View Full Version : BCV Resale Question

wilcat
06-28-2008, 05:04 PM
I found a resale for a 1 bdrm at the Beach Club Villas for a very reasonable price. It is for a floating week as I assume all of them are. The question I have is that it says it equates to 100 points but from everything else I have found, to stay at BCV is a lot more then 100 points. Does this mean I would get a week there for what I pay for the resale at any time or would I have to purchase extra points or does the points come into play if I want to stay at another resort? I am quite confused with this. Hopefully someone can answer this one for me.

Ed
06-28-2008, 06:22 PM
A week at BCV requires a bare minimum of 104 points for a studio, 200 for a 1-bedroom, and 270 for a 2-bedroom, and those prices are for the least expensive weeks of the year. Peak time (Easter and Christmas holidays) are 181, 350 and 462 points respectively.

MarkC
06-28-2008, 07:46 PM
I think you should check out the Timeshare Store above. Then you can see for sure if the price is as reasonable as you believe. Also, they have a great chart that can show you how many points you would use for each time of year, type of room, etc. By the way, I do not work for them-- we simply bought our BCV resale from them and it was a very painless process. Mark

lockedoutlogic
06-28-2008, 08:54 PM
that sale does not sound legitimate.....

none of the terminology used in the description equates to a DVC contract.....

i would be very careful on that one...

MatterhornMiss
06-28-2008, 09:00 PM
I agree with lockedoutlogic. The DVC is based on points, not weeks, so nothing should "equate with 100 points." You also don't purchase a specific room, but use points to stay at various sized villas, which "cost" different amount of points based on the size, resort, and time of year. There is a thread somewhere here about what to watch out for when buying resales. A lot of things you mention were listed as red flags.

vizsla
06-29-2008, 06:58 AM
I agree with the previous posts. That purchase should be researched before being made. That does not sound like it is a DVC Resale Contract.

MidnTPK
07-01-2008, 12:52 PM
That does not sound like it is a DVC Resale Contract.
No, but it sounds like someone who is familiar with another timeshare program, like Starwood. Having done in-depth research on both the DVC and Starwood Vacation Club, I think the poster is thinking that the DVC works like other programs.

In the Starwood program (and others), there are all theses different 'windows' where you can swap for non-home resorts. One of those windows is a StarOptions period, where going to another resort involves using a nightly point system that corresponds to the value of the week that you purchased at your home resort (different seasons have varied point values).

DVC does not work like this. People don't buy weeks, they buy points.