PDA

View Full Version : DVC mixers?

dolphinmickey9170
06-28-2008, 02:35 PM
Does anyone know where they post the information for the DVC mixers? I have only received something from DVC once telling when and where...and it was only one session. I would like to be able to attend one in August. Can anyone help? Thanks so much!!:mickey:

tinkerbell04
06-28-2008, 08:30 PM
Hi Kristen,
I know that the information was on the DVC member site the year that we attended.

I know the summer before last they had mixers , they called it a block party, on Thursday afternoons the whole month of August. We went to one and it was at one of the clubs in Pleasure Island. I am not sure if they had it last year because we weren't there in August. But, it really was a lot of fun! The arcade games were all set to free play and they had a lot of carnival like games for the kids. They also had a dance party and face painting all complimentary. Each person also got a hat and tickets for snacks, popcorn ice cream mickeys, and cotton candy. The door prizes were great too! They gave away several LARGE baskets of DVC merchandise.

If they don't do a block party this year for some reason, every Wednesday all year long they have Welcome Home Wednesdays at the Atlantic Dance Hall at the Boardwalk at 3 or 4 in the afternoon. This is set-up like a gameshow and there are snacks and it is a great way to meet people! We have gone to this a few times and really liked this as well.

vizsla
06-29-2008, 07:01 AM
We have never been able to attend a Mixer, but have attended a few of the Welcome Home Wednesday's, and they were alot of fun.

dolphinmickey9170
06-29-2008, 09:13 AM
Thank you Danielle and Vince. I appreciate the information.:mickey: