PDA

View Full Version : Favorite dish at Boma!!!

Guya103
06-27-2008, 08:49 PM
We are going to Boma for the first time on our upcoming trip in Aug. I have read the wonderful menu here under Info Central. Those who have been before, what is your favorite dish? Which one is not to be missed?:mickey:

disneydeb
06-27-2008, 09:52 PM
I loved the ginger Carrot soup!!

I started to not even try it, but it is delicious!

Zebra Domes are not my thing, but many people love them.

Boma is my favorite restaurant! Everything there is wonderful. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

bigbabyblues
06-28-2008, 12:29 PM
I like almost everything at Boma!

The salmon has been good when I've had it, the roasted veggies, the couscous there are two soups, one is the butternut squash, and the pumpkin-something soup was really good too. I like the potatoes with afritude, really everything. There was a salad that I tried that I didn't care for at all, I don't remember which one it was, but it was yellow.

Marilyn Michetti
06-28-2008, 04:12 PM
The soups are worth the trip, along with the Zebra Domes.

DH likes the salmon - (I don't do fish), and I liked the rubbed prime rib. There's lots more, but I can't remember.:blush:

bc002k
06-28-2008, 04:57 PM
There's so many good things there, it's really impossible to pick one.

wendy*darling
06-28-2008, 07:28 PM
I love the soups and stews! :thumbsup:

I'm with disneydeb- don't care for Zebra Domes, but they do appeal to many, many people. Give them a try for dessert.

Vicki Mouse
06-28-2008, 08:40 PM
The best Mulligatawny soup anywhere!

Young@Heart
06-29-2008, 01:45 PM
We are going to Boma for the first time on our upcoming trip in Aug. I have read the wonderful menu here under Info Central. Those who have been before, what is your favorite dish? Which one is not to be missed?:mickey:

We're also going to Boma for the first time in Aug! :mickey: I'm not a very adventurous eater, but I'm looking forward to trying some new things here. I know there will be some familiar foods, but I'm hoping to come away with some new favorite dishes. :thumbsup:

dolphinmickey9170
06-29-2008, 02:04 PM
The ribs...which are spicy and yummy!!

Also, the zebra domes are fantastic, cold, of course.:mickey:

IloveDisney71
06-29-2008, 05:37 PM
1. Butternut squash soup
2. Mini up-side down pineapple cheesecake
3. Zebra domes
4. Prime rib

Try a little bit of anything that looks interesting to you. We loved it so much that we will be going back during our next vacation.

Aggie97
06-29-2008, 05:54 PM
We ate at Boma for the first time two weeks ago. My favorite item was the butternut squash soup. Yum! :mickey:

SBETigg
06-29-2008, 05:57 PM
The coconut curry seafood stew is my favorite, but I love almost everything at Boma, and I normally avoid buffets. :thumbsup:

Lightnin McQueen
06-30-2008, 12:03 PM
This ones easy, EVERYTHING !

The only problem you'll have is not what tastes best, but how to taste everything in one sitting. My tip is try a little of everything and go back for seconds of what you like most.

My favourite section was easily the soups, as many of my other wise posters have added. again try a little of each and choose your favourite.

I'm there in 6 weeks and will be counting the seconds (on the clock, not servings) from now on in.

Hope you have the trip of a lifetime.

Lightnin :thumbsup:

luvdiznee
06-30-2008, 12:31 PM
:Another vote for the soups and ribs. As well as the Zebra Domes and Pap. :D

ThanxForNoticin
06-30-2008, 12:40 PM
The soups are amazing. There is nothing better than the butternut squash soup. However, they change the soups from night to night, so your selection could be a bit different - but I feel comfortable saying there will be 1 or 2 or 3 soups that you will enjoy tremendously - they are awesome.

TINKERBELL_82
06-30-2008, 12:51 PM
They have a mango salad dressing that was out of this world! Sooo yummy over the spring greens they had. But I have to agree with everyone else- everything was phenomenal!:tasty:

Davyjones
06-30-2008, 01:08 PM
I have to say everything! Even if I could pick out a favorite, I don't think I would know any of the names!

Except for the Zebra Domes...:)

brewcrew26
06-30-2008, 10:07 PM
I haven't seen this one recommended yet, but I loved Boma's hummus selection. There were a few different ones but the black bean was awesome! And the flat breads that come with it are incredible.

The fufu, I think its like a sweet potato casserole, was also really good. I went back a few times for that.

Like everyone has already said, everything is really, really good. It was our first time trying in April and now it's a must-do for us!

Natazu
07-01-2008, 02:40 AM
Frunch!

mom2morgan
07-01-2008, 11:53 AM
Okay, so what the heck ARE the Zebra Domes? I know they are dessert - I've seen photos - but I can't find out from anyone what they actually ARE? Some kind of lava cake? custard? Please satisfy my curiosity as I'm laying away nights pondering this...missing work...ignoring my children...all in my quest to find out what a zebra dome is! LOL

SCbelle
07-03-2008, 07:39 PM
Mom2morgan,

I have the same question!! We will be at Disney over Thanksgiving and I have no idea what a Zebra Dome is!

:confused: