PDA

View Full Version : At MK what's "not to miss" w/3 & 6 y/o dd's?

mommy2maddi
06-27-2008, 06:25 PM
To all of you out there w/little one's, what attractions/rides/shows are not to be missed at Magic Kingdom?
Especially for 3/6 year old girls? Thanks for any input!!:)

scootch713
06-27-2008, 06:55 PM
1) Family Fun Day Parade(line up around the popcorn stand by castle about 10 min before it starts and they just come out and start grabbing people.. so speak up)

2) Castle Show(whatever it is called now)

3) Spectromagic(night parade)

4) Belle's storybook... frequently missed by many people, it is to the right of the castle, usually is on about 10 min after the castle show

5) Its a small world and Cinderella Carousal(spelling.. sorry).

6) mid day parade

7) Fireworks

8)Characters in toon town

9) Minnies house... one of my girls fav's

mickeys_princess_mom
06-27-2008, 08:30 PM
Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Philharmagic...

MrPeetrie
06-27-2008, 09:16 PM
On our last trip, DD4 LOVED Mickey's Philharmagic. We saw it so many times, she became friends with the CMs. On our last time viewing the attraction, the CM took her and let her be the first person in the auditorium. She was SOOO Excited!!! (In a side note: the CMs really fussed over her and that truly made us appreciative of the CMs' efforts everywhere!!!!!) So don't miss that attraction.

Also, Carousel of Progress was a fave.
Goofy's Barnstormer
Peter Pan
Haunted Mansion (I know some of you are rolling your eyes, but that is my DD4's FAVORITE ride in all of WDW!!!)
Parade
TTA, when you need a breather

Goofy Forever
06-28-2008, 08:44 AM
I agree with all of the suggestions and would likt to add the Country Bear Jamboree and the Tiki Room

DizneyDoug
06-28-2008, 08:58 AM
I would add Aladdin's Magic Carpet rides, my DD's 6 and 4 love it!
Also I would HIGHLY recommend going to Belle's Storytime. But get there about 20-30 minutes early and get a seat up front. Your girls could be picked to come up on stage and help Belle tell her story. And Belle's Garden is shaded and a good place to take a quick break. Or the one parent can hold seats and the other could take the girls to the Teacups which are nearby.

disneydeb
06-28-2008, 10:13 AM
It's a Small World :thumbsup:

Peter Pan

Minnie's House

Goofy's Barnstormer

Teacups

Breakfast, Lunch or dinner @ CRT

perhaps a Bippity Boppity Boo experience for the 2 princesses

parades

Pooh

Mickey Philharmagic

Dumbo

Aladin

Have a great trip!!!

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
06-28-2008, 11:06 AM
Unless your 6 yar old is adventurous then everything other than SM, splash, and BTMR would all be a go. The two must sees for the three year old Toon town and Fantasyland. The six year old fantasyland and adventureland. For everyone the afternoon parade, spectromagic. and wishes.

g8rgirl29
06-28-2008, 11:20 AM
Mickey's Philharmagic, Ariel's Grotto (great for cooling them down and giving them a chance to play), Goofy's Barnstormer, The Carounsel, Mickey and Minnies country homes, BBB (you can cut the cost by bringing your own costumes), Parades and Wishes!!!

Luthien Tinuviel
06-28-2008, 12:28 PM
PETER PAN!!!!
This was my favorite ride when I was a kid; it still is really. As far as adventurous rides, my brother and I loved space mountain when we were 3 and 4. However, I think they may have raised the height limitation since we were kids. We were pretty young and we weren't abnormally tall kids or anything.

KAJUNKING
06-28-2008, 12:35 PM
i wouldnt miss philharmagic it is still one of my kids favorites, also buzz is alot of fun

LudwigVonDrake
06-28-2008, 07:31 PM
Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, The Carousel, It's a Small World, Mickey's Philharmagic, Toontown Fair, Buzz Lightyear, Tiki Room, Dumbo, Magic Carpets, and Laugh Floor.

disneygeek84
06-29-2008, 05:32 PM
I would suggest finding something online, like the Disney site, and showing them the rides beforehand. That way you can get an idea of what they want to do before you get there. Because in my opinion, I wouldn't miss anything, even rides like BTMRR and SM. However, your 3yr old might not be tall enough to ride and if she does want to ride, you don't want her getting upset while big sister gets to ride. You can always find height requirements for the rides before you go and see if your little one is tall enough and then ask if she wants to ride.

But overall, I wouldn't miss anything. But alas, you can't do everything, so get an idea of what they might want to do so that you can make sure that don't miss those. :mickey: