PDA

View Full Version : What's the best seafood experience you've had at WDW?

ryels
06-27-2008, 04:49 PM
This is for all you seafood fans out there. I'm curious as to what is the best seafood you've had anwhere in WDW. I want to try some new restaurants the next time we are there and looking for some good seafood suggestions.

Thanks!

The Flying Dutchman
06-27-2008, 04:58 PM
The Mahi Mahi at Coral Reef has been amazing both the times that I had it. I know that alot of people are down on Coral Reef (or at least it seems that way) but DW and I always make sure to go here each visit

cinderellagrl
06-27-2008, 05:08 PM
everything at Narcoosees is delicious! My parents love the surf and turf, while I love the fresh fish selection! Yummy yum wish I was there!

Kairi_7378
06-27-2008, 05:26 PM
Does sushi count? If so, I would say that my first taste of the spicy sensation sushi at CA Grill was the best seafood experience ever.

henry.james.s
06-27-2008, 05:43 PM
My best seafood meal was at the California Grill. First..I'm not a seafood fan, being afraid of getting "fishy fish". I've know John State, former Chef D' Cuisine at both Flying Fish & CG since the FF opened at the Boardwalk. John knew my reservations about fish & seafood and always was after me to try one of his dishes. After he moved to the CG he told me one night forget about the menu. He was going to decide what I was having for dinner that night. None of what he presented me with was on the menu.
The app was his take on a New England Chowder and was very flavorful.
For the Entree he prepared a Halibut dish with a cream sauce that was INCREDIBLE. That night John removed my fear of getting unfresh fish..Yoshie has even got to try some of her sushi. I've had seafood at the CG and also the FF at the Boardwalk BUT those are the ONLY two restruants I've ever ordered seafood at ANYWHERE.
John's left Disney and Jens Dahlman who replaced John @ FF is now at the CG & Tim Keating is @ the FF. Both are masters of their craft and ANY seafood creation on the menus will be exceptional.:thumbsup:
I highly recomend either the CG or FF. Both are my favorites of all the signature TS locations at the resort.:number1:

Tinkerbellfan
06-27-2008, 05:57 PM
Hello,

We have had wonderful seafood at both Narcoosees and The Flying Fish Cafe. Everytime we go to Narcoosees, I always get the Lobster. It is wonderful! And, The Flying Fish Cafe has a wonderful Red Snapper - it is its signature dish. We also had a wonderful monkfish at Jikos.

Enjoy!

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
06-27-2008, 06:56 PM
It was years ago on our honeymoon...
Lobster Tail at the Coral Reef.

ryels
06-27-2008, 08:46 PM
Thank you for the great suggestions. I'm drooling right now. I hope I can wait until November. :mickey:

And yes, sushi definitely counts! I've heard so many good things about the sushi at CG. I've got to try it this time.

Thanks again!

Crow
06-27-2008, 09:08 PM
My best seafood meal was at the California Grill. First..I'm not a seafood fan, being afraid of getting "fishy fish". I've know John State, former Chef D' Cuisine at both Flying Fish & CG since the FF opened at the Boardwalk. John knew my reservations about fish & seafood and always was after me to try one of his dishes. After he moved to the CG he told me one night forget about the menu. He was going to decide what I was having for dinner that night. None of what he presented me with was on the menu.
For the Entree he prepared a Halibut dish with a cream sauce that was INCREDIBLE. That night John removed my fear of getting unfresh fish..Yoshie has even got to try some of her sushi. I've had seafood at the CG and also the FF at the Boardwalk BUT those are the ONLY two restruants I've ever ordered seafood at ANYWHERE.
John's left Disney and Jens Dahlman who replaced John @ FF is now at the CG & Tim Keating is @ the FF. Both are masters of their craft and ANY seafood creation on the menus will be exceptional.:thumbsup:
I highly recomend either the CG or FF. Both are my favorites of all the signature TS locations at the resort.:number1:
I ate at both FF & CG last trip & will again in Sept. the snapper at FF was great. the sushi at CG was the best IVe had. I want to talk to the chefs at both places. I have to decide what to have there this trip
my first sushi ever was at Kimonos so Im also partial to that & at Tokyo Dining which was good. & Im going to eat at these places also in Sept.

ElenitaB
06-27-2008, 09:20 PM
At the top of my list are two dishes that, alas, are no longer offered. The first was an incredible "fish of the day" at Alfredo's. The second was the tuna with wasabi mashed potatoes at CR. I think I'm going to have to try to make that at home because I still crave those potatoes!

Cathy S
06-28-2008, 04:49 PM
The potato wrapped snapper at the Flying Fish is the best seafood dish I've ever had. I have had some excellent seafood at Fultons, Citricos and Narcoosees but the signature dish at FF is tops. Going to try CG our next trip. Of course we'll be back at FF too,

bc002k
06-28-2008, 05:00 PM
Does sushi count? If so, I would say that my first taste of the spicy sensation sushi at CA Grill was the best seafood experience ever.

Agreed..that stuff was heavenly.

Narcoosees and Flying Fish are both awesome as well.

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-28-2008, 05:04 PM
The It's Not Bleedin' Chowder at Raglan Road is wonderful. One of my favoite menu items in WDW. TONS of seafood!

biodtl
06-28-2008, 09:38 PM
I love Narcoosee's. Everything there is delicious and the seafood chowder is the best I've had.

Rich Mc
06-29-2008, 10:12 AM
My favorite was tuna dish at California Grill. The next was the red snapper at Flying Fish.
For fresh Oysters it's Fulton's Crab House.

PetefromRI
06-29-2008, 11:33 AM
Fulton's for King Crab is my favorite.I had the Stone Crabs there last year and they were also very good.We'll be trying the Flying Fish in Sept.

Disnamic Duo
06-30-2008, 09:42 AM
The best fish I've EVER eaten was the pan fried grouper at Hollywood Brown Derby in DHS. Absolutely delicious - I wanted more...

I've also had the tuna at Corla Reef, and it was excellent.

yjgirl715
06-30-2008, 10:47 AM
Thank you PeterFromRI my husband is a huge huge king crab eater and we will be there for our anniversary. I will make sure we make reservations for there. He will be so surprised.

Giselle
06-30-2008, 10:59 AM
If you like mussels clams and oysters, you might enjoy the seafood buffet at Cape May. Not very often do you get to eat all the oysters you want. The other seafood on the buffet is ok, but not extraordinary. I also like the Coral Reef, but more for the atmosphere than the food. I had a fantastic Salmon at Artist Point as well.

Giselle
06-30-2008, 11:01 AM
The crab cakes at either Rain Forest Cafe are to die for as well! Have a great time.

bruin1344
06-30-2008, 01:17 PM
i enjoyed the seafood at cape may

Natazu
07-01-2008, 02:37 AM
I like this guy. Welcome to INTERCOT Henry James.

Here's a link to my favorite seafood dinner in a couple of years. Click Me! (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=118570)

Jeniflower
07-01-2008, 07:42 AM
its not a seafood resturant really but the fresh calamari at mamma melroses is divinity

henry.james.s
07-01-2008, 07:58 AM
I like this guy. Welcome to INTERCOT Henry James.

Here's a link to my favorite seafood dinner in a couple of years. Click Me! (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=118570)

Thanks for the kind words!! The thread with your review is GREAT. With all my WDW trips and my love of fine dining I've become a recognized face at both the FF & CG. On my next trip I'll be at the CG 4 nights & FF 3.
One of the things that's happened to me by getting to know the chefs is that they have me try things out and want my opinion. This happened the last time @ FF..Tim sent small samples of several items on & off the menu. By the end of the night I was STUFFED. The servers & Restaurant Managers @ CG & FF are the best. Most have been there for years and have bent over backwards to take care of me.
That's why I keep coming back..it's like visiting old friends.

Crow
07-01-2008, 04:39 PM
now im wondering if i should eat twice at FF or CG in Sept. I have ADRs for each once already but have some days open yet

henry.james.s
07-01-2008, 06:43 PM
now im wondering if i should eat twice at FF or CG in Sept. I have ADRs for each once already but have some days open yet

It's a win win situation either way!! :number1:

RALPH
07-02-2008, 07:58 AM
I like Fulton's for seafood. DS loves the Alaskan King crab CLAWS, not he legs. I tried them and he is so right, they are delicious! Very sweet and tender.

Diznee4Me
07-02-2008, 10:54 AM
First let me say I am a seafood lover but I can't for the life of me think of but only one seafood meal at WDW - Fulton's Crab House.

I remember they had an amazing dip which I requested the recipe for. (We came home and made it - it was great!) They had an aweseom clam chowder and, I think I had something with scallops. The wife had the crab legs. The meal was wonderful but I can only think of burgers, steaks and taco salads (and the occassional Mickey Bar and Turkey Leg :D) partaken at WDW. Boy I need to diversify!

jefmblrd
07-03-2008, 12:31 PM
The sushi at California Grill was the best I've ever had, hands down!

lockedoutlogic
07-03-2008, 12:35 PM
the best seafood experience is the same "best" as every other experience.....

V&A's

Goes4FastPass
07-03-2008, 04:55 PM
Finding Nemo!

Crow
07-03-2008, 11:06 PM
Finding Nemo!

:jaw: