PDA

View Full Version : early closing at future world?

mel
06-27-2008, 02:43 PM
Why does future world close at 7 during june and July? The times I have been in the past it has always been 8 or later... is it allowing for extra magic hours?

oliver&bianca
06-27-2008, 02:53 PM
We were there in early June, and we wondered about the same thing. It would make more sense to close the Country section down early and leave Future World open later (since it has the rides).

Aggie97
06-27-2008, 03:06 PM
I think Future World almost always closes at 7 p.m., with the exception of extremely busy times (e.g., 4th of July, Christmas week). However, several of the major FW attractions and eateries do stay open later, until 8 or 9 p.m., so you can still have some evening fun in FW! :mickey:

brownie
06-27-2008, 03:19 PM
They don't close all the attractions when Future World closes. And it wouldn't make much sense to close World Showcase early since that is where Illuminations takes place. The early closing is probably a practical thing since most people probably gravitated towards World Showcase in the evening.

Figment!
06-27-2008, 03:35 PM
As Brownie points out, it is not all of Future World.

See the Current Park Hours (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/../infocentral/calendar/parkhours.asp) section of INTERCOT info Central for a listing of the pavilions that stay open past the "general" closing time for that section of the park.

KylesMom
06-27-2008, 04:50 PM
Yep, I looked at my vacation planners the last couple of years, and Future World usually closes at 7 in June / July (when we go). However, as posted above, the more popular attractions stay open for the evening (TestTrack, Mission:Space, Soarin', SpaceShip Earth, etcetera).