PDA

View Full Version : Candy Cane Inn

Figment52
06-27-2008, 12:23 PM
For the last few years, DD and I have been toying with the idea of DL instead of WDW - though we keep changing our minds because no Epcot. Hehe. We really wanted to stay on grounds since that's what we're used to, but the 3 DL resorts seem very expensive, especially when you throw in east coast airfare. In all of the off property hotels, though, we keep going back to Candy Cane Inn. So, can anyone tell me more about it?

disneymom15
06-27-2008, 01:17 PM
Not 100% sure, but I think that is where we stayed about 6 years ago. It was very nice, our room had Disney related items in it. It was very close to DL and only took about 5 minutes to walk there. The street was very busy, so make sure you cross at the lights. I agree, the on property resorts are very expensive.

ghoofie
06-27-2008, 04:41 PM
The Candy Cane is the ONLY place we stay at when visiting Anaheim. Okay, it's a motel, not a fancy hotel with hallways.

The rooms are always fresh, clean, and comfortable. The standard room includes a mini-fridge, TV, usually 2 queen beds, hairblower, iron and ironing board. They have the usual shampoo, conditioners. The beds are comfy.

They have an excellent cont. breakfast included. Included a few cold cereals, oatmeal, toast, muffins, bagels, bananas, apples, danish. Coffee, milk, orange juice, apple juice. The eating area for indoors is quite small, but there are several tables, chairs by the pool which makes a nice morning breakfast setting. Some people bring trays from their rooms and bring food back to the room.

Walking distance to main gate is 250 yards. It's about the same distance as walking from the DL hotel to the park. It's a pleasant walk down Harbor Blvd, along nicely landscaped, cool area. However, they have their own private shuttle that runs every half hour. They don't stop at other hotels, only directly to Candy Cane for guests.

Directly next door are a mini-mart and also a 7-11 for late night snacks, etc. The hotel lobby also has a small shop with gifts and essentials.

They have a pool, a kiddie pool and a hot tub.
Pool is not HUGE but nice enough.

They have free wireless internet but frankly I usually find it super slow with very low bars (coverage). Might be my laptop, not their network.

I also book the Candy Cane for myself and co-workers when visiting the area on business trips. Makes me feel a little like home.

Figment52
06-27-2008, 11:01 PM
Wow, thanks ghoofie! Just the info we were looking for.:thumbsup:

Carol
06-29-2008, 08:51 AM
We really wanted to stay on grounds since that's what we're used to, but the 3 DL resorts seem very expensive, especially when you throw in east coast airfare.I love staying on site. You will be saving on the cost of park tickets. ;)

That being said, I stayed at the Candy Cane in April for a weekend before moving to Paradise Pier. If given the choice, I still prefer on-site, but I can tell you the beds at the Candy Cane are wonderful and the room was very clean.

Have fun.

Nekochan
06-30-2008, 07:00 AM
I love staying on site. You will be saving on the cost of park tickets. ;)

What? How do you save on the cost of park tickets by staying at a Disney hotel?

Carol
06-30-2008, 09:08 AM
What? How do you save on the cost of park tickets by staying at a Disney hotel?The poster was saying it was hard to justify staying on site when it costs more money to fly from the east.

My point was you spend less for park tickets than one would at WDW. It can be used toward accommodations. Therefore justifying saying on-site. :scratch:

Marilyn Michetti
07-01-2008, 10:42 PM
We did DLR this last Dec., and it was lovely. Our room at Candy Cane was perfect, and the walk, (or scoot), to the gate was minutes. They have a shuttle, but it's not HC, so DH rode the shuttle and I usually beat them on my ECV.

DLR is intimate, different, and was REALLY nice. See Aladdin by all means - that alone was worth the trip. POC and the HM were better than WDW, and DH said the train was much better. You had to be ambulatory to ride the train, and I would have, but I didn't know where to leave my wheels. The monorail, which runs to DD and back was scary because it banked and I was afraid I would roll out.

Everything is right there. It isn't as much, but not having to bus anywhere was worth it to me.:thumbsup:

drevlo
07-02-2008, 12:03 AM
I always feel compelled to post wherever someone asks about the Candy Cane Inn.
Rather than repeat what everyone else has already said (which I totally agree with!), I'll just have you knwo that it is the ONLY place in Anaheim that we stay at, if we're not staying on property.
We love it!

ChipnDaleGal
07-02-2008, 07:46 AM
I stayed at the Candy Cane in April and I was very happy there. Nice clean room, big bathroom, and the as Carol said, the beds were awesome. If you are trying to save money and decide to stay offsite, the Candy Cane is a great option. Very comfortable walk to the park entrances, lots of good food options available as well. We liked it so much that we are returning in December. :mickey: