PDA

View Full Version : Annual Picture in Park Ideas

OhToodles!
06-27-2008, 11:35 AM
We're taking DS to Disney in October for his first time. :number1: I would like to take his picture somewhere in the parks (or at each park) at each trip that will be there for years to come. Any ideas out of the norm (castle, SSE, hat, tree)?

TIA!!:mickey:

Figment52
06-27-2008, 11:39 AM
I love this idea, and wish I'd thought of it on our first trip. Of course, DD was 13 then, so she probably didn't change a whole lot, but regardless, it would have been nice.

While walking around the parks, you'll find signs that read "kodak photo spot", complete with an actual photo example. I can't remember where all of them are, but I know at least some of them weren't the "traditional" picture spots you'd think of. Maybe there's a listing of them here on intercot?

Lynn J Mc
06-27-2008, 11:58 AM
INSIDE the castle with the mosaic. We used to always do this. But we weren't religious about it.

Baloo Da Man!
06-27-2008, 12:11 PM
We take the annual picture next to the old time baseball guy on Main Street. The kids can get very close and you can compare their size to the baseball guy year to year.

BronxTigger
06-27-2008, 12:16 PM
There's a Native American statue on Main Street. He's been there for years...we have a photo of my brother with it on many different trips.

There's a bicycle with Coca-Cola products stacked next to it near the Outpost in World Showcase. It's also been there for many years; we have a lot of photos with that too.

The koi pond/stream in Japan would be a nice photo spot; also the train area in Germany.

In Future World, you could take a photo near the 3D Nemo and friends mural outside of the Living Seas pavilion.

In MGM, maybe at the Oscar's service station near the front of the park.

In AK, there are a lot of cool things around. On one of the walkways to Dinosaur, there is a big dinosaur you could take a picture with, or that cool mosaic dinosaur near the gift shop. There's also a LOT of nooks and crannies in that park that would make for good photos.

Disneyatic
06-27-2008, 02:32 PM
I love the pictures of people sitting next to the bronze statue of Goofy in the town square. Also, the statue of Walt and Mickey at the Hub would be neat. Those two suggestions aren't too out of the ordinary but I just love both the statues!!

What about by the tiki poles in Adventureland?

Another one of my favorite spots for a pic is in Hollywood Studios where they have the topiaries of the mops from Fantasia, I think it's close to the Brown Derby restaurant?

KylesMom
06-27-2008, 03:45 PM
Lots of ideas which we've done for years with DS have already been tossed out here. BronxTigger, I'd swear you had been looking at my photo albums! :D

Other ideas are underneath the HM gate, in front of the cannons @ Swiss Family Treehouse, outside the side exit of the pyramid in Mexico, in front of the big troll in Norway, and in front of Victoria Gardens in Canada. Goodness, there are so many wonderful places to take yearly photos, it's a picture-taker's DREAM! :mickey:

Septbride2002
06-27-2008, 03:49 PM
I like our castle photos - we get a family photo every year we go in front of the castle. Mosey over to the rose garden sometimes they have a photographer there and it is a great perspective.

~Amanda

BronxTigger
06-27-2008, 03:51 PM
BronxTigger, I'd swear you had been looking at my photo albums! :D

Maybe I have. My brother's name is Kyle. ;)

OhToodles!
06-27-2008, 04:37 PM
Thanks everyone. I'm going to have to start a list. Keep 'em comin'.

Davyjones
06-27-2008, 04:46 PM
I always like getting a picture in front of the POTC ride at Magic Kingdom. In front of the building where there is now a mast and crow's nest. Always a good shot.

My wife and I always get our picture taken in front of the Tree of Life at AK in a specific spot. This is the spot where I asked her to marry me, so now it is a must for us to get a picture there. Always makes me tear up when we get our picture taken there. :)

Hope you find some good spots! :mickey:

biodtl
06-28-2008, 12:05 PM
We do the normal locations, but we also do silly stuff - like photos with big sombreros in Mexico. I have ones of me from way back, of DH and I on our honeymoon and ones of the whole gang since we have taken the kids.

KAJUNKING
06-28-2008, 12:51 PM
i like pics with the castle but from different angles other than down main street

Janmac
06-28-2008, 03:03 PM
We have two places for annual photos. One is at Magic Kingdom over near Frontierland and maybe near Haunted Mansion - the stocks. We always have to stop and take photos here.

The other photo spot is at Star Tours at the Studios. We have several years' worth of shots of grandkids being "dragged" along by the Landstrider outside the entrance.

But, there may be a better annual photo spot near Star Tours. Across the walkway after you exit the attracition is a Speeder, against a backdrop. This is a wonderful annual photo spot but we didn't discover it until our grandkids were in their teens, darn the luck.

Jan

vividms
06-28-2008, 06:39 PM
1. Pulling at the Sword in the Stone
2. Sitting on brick column in front of Mad Tea Party sign
3. Baseball statue

It is fun to look back and see how much the children grow over the years.

It would be good to pick a couple of places in each park.

The entire group always buys a picture in front of the castle.

JPelle76
06-28-2008, 07:26 PM
I know it's not actually in any of the parks but it's not to far from the MK!! The annual spot for my sister and I is out back of the Conteporary Hotel by the boat docks, where they have the statue of mickey sitting on the mouse ears. There is even a pedastal there where you can put you camera on self timer. Have the kids sit in either ear. It's very cute and just a monorail ride away from the mk! Definatly out of the norm! We've probably been doing it for about 10 yrs now.

DisneyDudet
06-28-2008, 10:45 PM
We do the sword in the stone pic each year now! Its always fun, especially when little kids see you doing it, and come over and try to pull it out so hard!

For us, we always have my picture made, pointing at my Leave A Legacy picture. I do it a different way each time, and yes, we are religious about it! We cannot leave WDW unless this picture is taken.

We also have a "sunglasses" picture taken from the Rose Garden. Ever since one Christmas we were all wearing our sunglasses (apparently it looked cool to my mother), we have been doing this picture.

I would just take some pictures, and when you get home, find the one you like most or had the most fun taking, and continue to do that! You want to create your own tradition, not recreate someone else's!

Tinkerbellfan
06-28-2008, 11:06 PM
My boyfriend and I went for the first time together when he was 25 years old and I was 27 years old - we are now a little over 30.

My favorite picture of both of us as children are from our family vacations in Disney World - more specifically - in front of the race tracks in Magic Kingdom. Now, we have a 4 picture frame of us each as a child and adult in the same car - it is really cute!

LittleRoosMommy
06-28-2008, 11:29 PM
My DH proposed to me under a tree near the castle at MK while waiting for the Very Merry Christmas Parade on New Year's Eve. The couple sitting next to us took our picture that day. We have been back to WDW several times since then and we ALWAYS have our picture taken there. Since then, we've had a picture when I was pregnant w/ our oldest DD, her first trip and our 2nd DD's first trip. We plan to do it again this year when we go back in Oct.

I think having a special spot is a great idea! The wishing well by the castle is always a great photo. We always try to get pics taken on the monorail too!

I hope you have a great time w/ your DS!:mickey:

#1donaldfan
06-29-2008, 08:12 AM
Our annual spot is right in front of the train station at MK....it's the original park as a child and somehow it just started as our spot with our children.......:cool:

mrsgaribaldi
06-29-2008, 02:16 PM
We used to always buy the picture from Splash Mountain. We would try to do something different each time;)

Blast822
06-29-2008, 03:29 PM
I always do this with my kids!!! My DS was 5 his first trip, and we had him try to pull the sword out of the stone. He could stand straight up and try pulling. Now he'll be 13 this trip, and he has to slump way over to get it!! My DD's photo is a carousel/ride horse on the main street at MGM (DHS). Again, her feet barely came past the saddle the first time (she was 2 1/2). Now they almost drag on the ground. I always get a picture of both of them in front of the Chinese Theater with their hands in Mickey and Minnie's prints. I then make a scrapbook page at the end of every album with these pictures. It's so much fun to see them grow!! The worst part is, though, they had removed the horse one year - the CM said safety issues, but it was back the next trip. Hopefully it will be there in August when we go. So, make sure it's something that Disney isn't going to remove!

Queen Stephanie
06-29-2008, 03:33 PM
Our family always takes a picture on Main Street as soon as we enter MK. The picture has the castle in the background. It is fantabulous!:mickey:

OhToodles!
06-30-2008, 02:52 PM
Thanks again for all the great ideas! I think we will just take pictures everywhere and see what will work best. I do like the sword in the stone at MK and the speeder near Star Tours especially as DH is a HUGE Star Wars fan.

I can't wait to make many memories with DS - and future kids! :mickey:

PetefromRI
06-30-2008, 07:31 PM
My brother and SIL take the kids to Down Town Disney to the Lego store and have the kids stand next to the Lego Family.I think a couple of years ago the family was gone but they're back now.

DisneyCrazyET
06-30-2008, 07:41 PM
DHS the snowman by the "It's a Wonderful Shop". My desktop wallpaper is the latest one.
The snow characters at DTD.

FiggyFan
06-30-2008, 09:54 PM
We use the snowman near "Its a Wonderful Shop" in DHS as our annual Christmas card photo. People love seeing DS (now 15!) get bigger each year.

OhToodles!
07-01-2008, 10:28 AM
We use the snowman near "Its a Wonderful Shop" in DHS as our annual Christmas card photo. People love seeing DS (now 15!) get bigger each year.

That is a really cute idea!

BigBaloo
07-01-2008, 11:35 AM
We always do ours by the hidden Baloo in AK.

The other is w/ Walt & Mickey on Main St. We figure that will never be changed so it offers a great perspective from year to year. The kids are getting taller, I'm getting wider :mickey:

OhToodles!
07-02-2008, 11:56 AM
We always do ours by the hidden Baloo in AK.

Where is Baloo hidden?

BigBaloo
07-03-2008, 01:15 PM
The hidden Baloo is by Tamu Tamu refreshments in a secluded sitting area. In front is a charcter meet & greet w/ Baloo & King Louie. If you ask the handler they will show you.