PDA

View Full Version : Sad to leave...

disneycutie165
06-27-2008, 11:04 AM
Okay, so your standing outside your Disney resort waiting for the bus to come pick you up to take you back to the airport to go back home. It's always an emotional time for me and my mom. Does anyone ever get that feeling?

"Good-bye Disney!":sadwave:

"I don't wanna go home!":fit:

BronxTigger
06-27-2008, 11:22 AM
Of course!

Inevitably, people who are just arriving to check in will keep streaming past you as you are waiting for that DME bus back to the airport...just adding to the sadness. :(

amd780
06-27-2008, 11:40 AM
I get that feeling at the end of every visit, especially since I never know when I'll be back. Maybe I can convince DH that DVC would be a wonderful investment, so I can get my Disney fix every year! ;) :secret:

tadshome
06-27-2008, 11:53 AM
It is the worst feeling waiting for that dreaded bus to pick you up to take you back to the airport. I get a lump in my throat when I see it come around the corner :cry:

disneymom15
06-27-2008, 11:59 AM
I couldn't agree more. On our first trip in 95 I was so sad I could have cried. It took weeks before I started to feel better.

Kairi_7378
06-27-2008, 12:03 PM
I cried both times we checked out of our resort in 2007! the first because I had had SUCH a good time and looked at my phone and realized that work had been calling me all day about projects for when I got back. The second because I remembered how stressed out at work I was after I got back and I didn't want it to happen again! DH thinks I am kind of silly for crying, but he doesn't like to go home either.

Soul_Power
06-27-2008, 12:24 PM
Isn't it crazy how the one place that could make you so happy is that one place that could make you terribly sad as well? When we first arrived at WDW, I noticed the packet of documents that were hanging on doorknobs and I found out that it contained information for guests prior to check out. When we finally got ours, I was sooo sad!!!!

Is it December 2009 yet?? :mickey:

WedWay Peoplemover
06-27-2008, 12:26 PM
I'm not usually a jealous person.....

but when I'm checking out and I see those people walking past me carrying their "welcome packets"....

"I want to be THOSE people just STARTING their stay!!"

grumpyguy
06-27-2008, 12:29 PM
it is indeed one of the single worst feelings in the world....i'm even getting that feeling just invisioning it.
reality bites...just another reason i love wdw!!:mickey:

barnaby
06-27-2008, 12:43 PM
The sadness sets in the morning of your departure when you see the white paper slip for express checkout on the floor. :(

Mousehead35
06-27-2008, 12:51 PM
I always have tears streaming down my face when I watch the Good - Bye video on DME while on the way back to the airport. :(

Marker
06-27-2008, 12:51 PM
But you can't have that feeling of arriving if you never leave.

And there's a comforting feeling about getting back home too.

And it always nice to give those cash register bells (cha-ching) at WDW a rest too.

DisneyDog
06-27-2008, 01:10 PM
It gets so bad for me that I actually dreaded my trip, just knowing that it would eventually be over. But, I did enjoy the stopping of the cash registers!

1stitch
06-27-2008, 01:44 PM
I also get very sad, its the happiest place on earth, but to leave it is the saddiest time. But I get home and just start planning my next trip!

cal5755
06-27-2008, 03:26 PM
Oh yes I get sad.... but always have the dreams of the next trip even before we hit the airport for our ride home!

brownie
06-27-2008, 03:39 PM
Yep, it's a sad time. Especially when you don't know when you'll be back again.

Diznee4Me
06-28-2008, 09:59 AM
That is why we always leave very early our last morning - so we don't see the happy people, but as we drive out of WDW we inevitably see the busses starting there day. :(

jpH/keD
06-28-2008, 10:47 AM
It is always sad to leave vacation and go back to reality!! BUT I do love my own bed!

I cry leaving Disney every time! My DH thinks I am ridiculous but he doesn't want to go home either!!!

TheRustyScupper
06-28-2008, 02:25 PM
Mine comes in "stages"
. . . disappointment the morning of leaving
. . . letdown going under purple signs
. . . sadness trying to determine next visit

NOTE: We split my time between Orlando and Iowa, so this is mainly when we go back to Iowa. Since we live 15-minutes from WDW, when staying in Florida, this really doesn't set in.

EpcotChic23
06-28-2008, 03:36 PM
This happend to me just on the 13th of June. We were waiting outside the Poly and I had to wear my sunglasses (it was cloudy at the time) b/c I was holding back the tears. Then when we are on the bus and they are showing the video and they start singing "Now it's time to say Good Bye" that usually does it to me and I am crying like a baby :sob: It happends everytime

Marilyn Michetti
06-28-2008, 06:22 PM
O.K., I've had a wonderful time - we planned for it all year, but when it's time to leave, I'm READY to leave ! I've done most of what we wanted, bought some neat things, eaten way too much, and am sore and stiff from riding around in a scooter all week.:shrug:

My DD is staying with my mom and our Chow, Cody, (like I will for her four doggies when she and SIL go away), but I'm ready to come home, and she wants to go back to her family.:sadwave:

Age showing?:blush:

disneydeb
06-28-2008, 07:06 PM
DD Laura always has cried when we leave. I am always sad too, but more nervous about the long drive home.

Disney Yankee
06-28-2008, 10:19 PM
My sister in law was trying to get us to take our son to DW for years. Finally, when our oldest was 4 and our youngest was 9 mo we took off for DW. We had a great time, and we were hooked. We have been back every year since. Every time we leave, it's so sad. :(We need to go home and set up the countdown clock for the next trip!:mickey:

pink
06-29-2008, 02:57 AM
When I was a kid I used to cry everytime the night before we were supposed to leave and my family would just laugh and make fun of me. (They are not big Disney lovers, I don't know where I got it from! :confused:) Now that I'm older I do get terribly upset but I just think about what a great trip I had and getting to go home again and everythings ok. I do have to admit though that "Come back soon" purple sign always gets me upset. :mickey:

jennsky
06-30-2008, 06:48 PM
I hate that feeling too near the end of your vacation. It's like "well, that's the last time I'll see the Haunted Mansion for awhile, that's the last time I'll ride POTC for awhile, that's my last monorail ride, that's my last Mickey Ice Cream sandwich, etc."

Then, when you're back at the hotel getting ready to leave, you see all the happy families arriving with their luggage and check-in folders in their hands and you envy them..."I wish I was just arriving". Ya....I hate leaving Disney too :-(

SBETigg
06-30-2008, 06:52 PM
Last time, I swore I had it under control, that it had been a satisfying, long trip and I didn't need to cry. And then, on the way out to the bus, I looked up at the Grand Floridian ceiling, and I just lost it. I sobbed big heaving sobs! So embarrassing. I couldn't control myself. Or I could, but it took me a few minutes. I cried again on the bus, but it was a quieter, less embarrassing cry by then. I think it hit me that we wouldn't be back for a few years and it was just overwhelming.

PetefromRI
06-30-2008, 07:05 PM
Ditto on everything everyone has said.This year was a little easier since we have AP's and we knew we'd be back in a matter of three months.This Sept.will be our 4th trip in 12 months and we won't be renewing our AP's for awhile because of the economy so this time will be harder than usual.I just feel so fortunate to have been able to go so often,I remember a time when it was every 5-10 years when the kids we're little.But,Yes,it really has to be the saddest feeling in the world.

mouseketeer mom
07-01-2008, 09:06 AM
Its torture. Thats why we leave earlier in the day now. Otherwise the waiting around and seeing all the happy people, and not having a room to go back to is a killer. Even knowing we will be back..doesn't ease the pain that much!!

Bethis26fan
07-01-2008, 01:48 PM
But you can't have that feeling of arriving if you never leave.

And there's a comforting feeling about getting back home too.

And it always nice to give those cash register bells (cha-ching) at WDW a rest too.

I agree. I have to think of it as going home to make more money to spend next time. :)