PDA

View Full Version : Advice on 4th of July at MK

JPelle76
06-27-2008, 12:45 AM
So next week I'll be at my FAVOTIRE place in the world!!!!:balloon: I'm sure no one can guess where! :D

Anyway, I'm going with my sister who will be turning 21 ON the 4th of July :party:, we want to spend the day at the MK and of course see the fireworks, my question is I know the parks get really crowded and i heard might even close the park if they reach capacity, does that include resort guests as well? And what if you get your hand stamped? What is the latest time we can get there with out getting closed out and of couse what timeto start staking out a fireworks spot! Any advice on the best way to survive the day would greatly be appreciated! Thanks!! :mickey:

DizneyRox
06-27-2008, 05:45 AM
Yes, it even means resort guests. Hand stamps aren't done anymore, they use biometric scanning to verify your identity. I would NOT plan on leaving the park that day, get there early and stay.

The 4th is one of the busiest times of the year. One time on the third, we tried to see the fireworks and the closest we could get to the Castle at about an hour and 1/2 before the fireworks, was under the train station near the stairs going up INSIDE. Main Street was PACKED beyond belief.

I would say, you are safe if you get to MK by about 10am or so, I really wouldn't push it much later than that. And if you want a good spot for the fireworks, I would say right after the 3pm parade. I would imagine by about 5pm many of the good spots WILL be taken.

I'm really not exaggerating...

busterthebronco
06-27-2008, 07:47 AM
in the park to stay by 11:00 at least!
pace yourself, its a LONG day.
i almost bailed and left but DW talked me into gutting it out and i am glad she did! :party:
we went again a few summers later and hung out at our resort all day instead. :cloud9:

disneylovinmom
06-27-2008, 03:21 PM
I agree. Plan to go very early and stay all day and night. If you leave, then you definately will not get back in.

JPelle76
06-28-2008, 07:04 PM
Thanks for all the advice! Wow we gotta LONG day ahead of us! I can't belive we need to start lining up at 3! But i still can't wait! :fworks:

So now if we opt out of sitting in the same spot on mainstreet for 5 hours, I know you can SEE the fireworks pretty much anywhere in the park what about HEAR them...the music I mean I know you can hear them going off from the other side of bay lake!!!

A few years ago we were in Disneyland for the 4th. The fireworks started at 9PM, at 8PM we said HEY we've got time to go on Space MT. one more time before they start! So we did, got to main st at 8:55 and there was no place to even walk let alone stand! So we ended up over in fronteirland with BTM as the backdrop, actually it was a very nice view but the only problem was we were so far away from the main st speakers we could barely make out the music. We still had a blast, but this time i want to hear the music!

Mrs.Poppins
06-30-2008, 12:30 PM
I will also be there for the fourth but I've decided to spent it at Epcot since its more spacious :thumbsup:

jefmblrd
06-30-2008, 12:35 PM
I'm just going to echo what others have said...a few years ago we were in MK on the 4th of July; it was crowded and hot and I said to my wife that we should go back to the resort and come back later. A CM must have heard me, because she said we shouldn't leave, because they were getting ready to shut down the entrance gates, and there was a good chance that we wouldn't get back in. So, if you're going to MK on that day, plan on staying all day.

Also get a spot for the fireworks as early as you can. We were packed in shoulder to shoulder-literally and couldn't move.

Also, I would hang out in the park as long as I could after the park closes, because the crowds will cause the exiting process to be long and frustrating. Stick around and see the kiss good night.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-30-2008, 03:16 PM
I second not leaving right away.

For NYE, I got off work at midnight, left around 12:30 figuring everyone was staying for EMH.

BIG MISTAKE. It took me two hours to drive literally, 1 mile. Many cars that tried to cut across the medians got stuck because they are mostly swampy grass. I just managed to do a legal U-turn and took back roads. I only likve 10-15 minutes from WDW. I didn't get home until 3:30am.

Also, really, don't plan on leaving the park. You won't get back in. The music will be played from all over the park, and I saw the fireworks last night. They are pretty good, but I imagine that it will be better on the 4th since they didn't do the dual show (Castle and Lagoon sides).

lockedoutlogic
06-30-2008, 03:59 PM
my advice: stay away

no seriously.....i would go to EPCOT if I wanted to be there for special fireworks...... much more space and area to combat crowds