PDA

View Full Version : I NEED TO VENT- The "Haunted Mansion"!!!!

WinnipegDisneyFanatic
06-26-2008, 04:28 PM
Hope this is in the right spot...

*Breathes in...*

Oh my goodness - ok here's the deal: I got back from the Exhibition/fair that goes through our city each year. It's called the Red River Ex and travels across Canada under different names in each city, and I'm sure it tours the U.S. as well. I had a great time, went with my girlfriend's sister, we even rode that sling shot ride that shoots you up about 400 feet on a couple of giant elastic bands.:thumbsup:

Then we decided to head down the midway and look at the rides. I was SHOCKED AND DISGUSTED to see a flashing sign on the top of what looked like a trailer with a false front. It was the haunted house attraction...and guess what lit up on the sign? The letters: H-A-U-N-T-E-D M-A-N-S-I-O-N.:mad:
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
I was totally outraged by this, boycotted it :thedolls: and explained to my gf's sister why this upset me. HAUNTED MANSION? More like a haunted SHACK! :ack: Every time walked by it I vented about it. She thought it was funny - and I didn't want to be all down and angry about it - but COOOOME ON! The only REAL Haunted Mansions are the ones in the Disney Parks!!!

*Deep Breath*

Thank you for listening :)

Chris :hatter:

jpH/keD
06-26-2008, 05:23 PM
:secret: Shhhhh- Don't tell anyone but you have
just become a true Disneyphile!:thumbsup:

It's ok here on Intercot! We all suffer the same
malady! Be proud and vent on!!! I hope you gave the vendor a piece of your mind! You are a loyal Disneyphile in the flesh!

Walt would be proud! And from his native Canada too no less! :mickey::mickey::mickey:

SpecJoe Magic
06-27-2008, 03:04 AM
Walt would be proud! And from his native Canada too no less! :mickey::mickey::mickey:

Maybe I'm just not reading this right. What do you mean by "his native Canada?"

To the original poster, that sounds like something that I might do. I try not to take that kind of thing too seriously, but I do understand why you feel that way.

brownie
06-27-2008, 03:37 PM
Maybe I'm just not reading this right. What do you mean by "his native Canada?"

Walt's father, Elias Disney, was born in Ontario, Canada. Elias' family moved to the United States when he was in his teens. Really wouldn't make Walt native to Canada since he was born here in the US, and Elias' parents had originally immigrated to Canada from Ireland.

SpecJoe Magic
06-28-2008, 05:55 AM
Walt's father, Elias Disney, was born in Ontario, Canada. Elias' family moved to the United States when he was in his teens. Really wouldn't make Walt native to Canada since he was born here in the US, and Elias' parents had originally immigrated to Canada from Ireland.

Thanks for the explanation. I know that Walt was born in Chicago, Illinois, and he moved with his family to Marceline, Missouri, when he was a young child. That's why I was confused by that statement.

Minnie Imagineer
06-29-2008, 11:20 AM
I know exactly what you are talking about! I saw something like this at a fair I went to a few years ago! Are they allowed to do that? with copyrights and stuff?