PDA

View Full Version : will it be too hot to wear my costume to MNSSHP?

LoriSan
06-26-2008, 04:22 PM
I have a full length Maleficient costume that is totally awesome. We will be at MNSSHP on Sept 23. Do you think it will be too hot to wear a full length black costume?

Simba'sBud
06-26-2008, 04:32 PM
Well, one thing about it is that the party is held in the evening. The problem with the weather this time of year is that the humidity coupled with the heat makes for a very sweaty and sticky coating no matter what you are wearing. My DW and I will be there in Sept. as well for our very first MNSSHP and when choosing who we would be for the party, our decision was based more on how difficult it would be to get around or even on some of the rides. Even people walking around in shorts and tank tops will more than likely be burning up, too.

Remember, it's only one evening of torture for a lifetime of memories!

Be sure to keep hydrated, though.

Goes4FastPass
06-26-2008, 04:40 PM
We were at MNSSHP 2 years ago on almost the exact same date. It will be central Floriday hot and muggy until well into the evening.

Considerations: What time do you plan to get the party?

Do you plan to go on rides during the evening?

BelleCiavo
06-26-2008, 06:05 PM
We went the first week of October 2004 and it was really humid.

Figment52
06-26-2008, 07:09 PM
We attended MNSSHP in 2003 for two nights - Oct 30 and 31. While it wasn't exactly hot, persay, it was still warm and humid. On the 2nd night, I went without the costume entirely, but DD just left her cloak behind. She had a renaissance peasant costume (chemise, full length skirt, and bodice). She was still a bit warm, but wanted to wear the costume anyway. I think the lacings on the bodice bothered her more than the heat, actually. I don't think I've ever seen her sit up straight for that long in her entire life, haha.

TheRustyScupper
06-26-2008, 07:24 PM
For September parties, I recommend:
1) Bath in Dial (don't you widh everyone did?).
2) Wear lots of deoderant.
3) Take extra cloth for wiping of brow.
4) Drink lots of fluids.

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
06-26-2008, 07:35 PM
Oh PLEASE wear it! We will be there the same day, and I'd love to keep a look out for sucha great costume!

We haven't figured out costumes for the adults yet...

CaptSmee
06-26-2008, 08:30 PM
For September parties, I recommend:
1) Bath in Dial (don't you widh everyone did?).
2) Wear lots of deoderant.
3) Take extra cloth for wiping of brow.
4) Drink lots of fluids.

I think you should follow these great suggestions and wear it! It'll be lots of fun! My brother and I were Tweedle Dee & Dum one year, and another we simply wore black shirts and Incredibles t-shirts! Lots of fun!

Pirate Granny
06-27-2008, 10:03 PM
My angel wings gave me a bit of trouble on some of the rides...but was able to overcome the problem by sitting sideways a bit. It was very humid for the three parties we attended (all in September 05-06-07)...and rained for at least an hour at each one too...so, if you don't want to get the costume wet (will it get ruined?)...you may want to reconsider ... although it sounds very cute. I haven't decided yet...we'll be there on the 28th...I've just worn hats the last two times...
:pirate:

dan864
06-28-2008, 07:13 PM
I Went For The Very First Time Last October,it Was Still Hot Around 9pm,
But If You Wont To Be In The Fun,you Have To Go In Costume.
I Think That You Feel More Involved Being Dressed Up.
Now Im From The Uk,and When It Come To Halloween,the Uk Does Not Do That Much.
I Must Say In The States,you Pull Out All The Stops When It Comes To Halloween And Christmas.
Im Going Again This Year On The 16th September,and I Will Going In Costume Dressed As
(1)cpt Jack Sparrow,or
(2) A Jedi Knight.
Even If It 100 Degrees,im Wearing A Costume.
It Gives It A Little Bit More Magic.

disneycutie165
06-29-2008, 09:37 AM
THE DAYS CAN BE HOT, BUT THE EVENINGS ARE NOT AS BAD. NEAR YOUR TRIP YOU SHOULD CHECK ON THE WEATHER.;)

"Love her as I love her, and she will be yours."
- Prince Humperdink(Princess Bride)

LauraleeH
06-29-2008, 07:48 PM
Last year, my cousin and I dressed up for the first time. She changed into regular clothes around 10:00 that night, I decided to stay in costume. You can always change if it gets too hot ;)

SurferStitch
06-29-2008, 08:00 PM
DH wore a full Stitch costume on Halloween night in 2004. Only the head, feet and hands had fur, the rest was a thin material. He almost died. He was sweating so bad, and got so lightheaded that he had to sit down. Needless to say, the costume came off halfway through the night. I was dressed as Lilo, and I was pretty hot, too.

We went the first week of October in 2005, and it was just as hot and humid. I wore a custom Edna Mode tee (from Zazzle), a black skort and wig. Again, I was hot, and felt bad for those I saw in full costumes. Sweat was pouring off of them.

This year, I'm going as Tink. DH hasn't decided yet, but whatever he chooses, he said it has to be removable in case he gets too hot. We are going October 16th, and we are preparing for hot weather.

If heat doesn't bother you, then go for it, but it will be HOT. :whew:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
06-30-2008, 01:13 AM
Hmmm maybe I can get my blue Aurora dress done by then.

We can have a photoshoot by the Castle!!!

For me, I wore my Pirate costume. It was hand-made by me, with two full length skirts (one underskirt and an overskirt that was draped up) plus a white t-shirt and corset. I was warm, but not hot. But that was in Sept.

Just be prepared - it does tend to rain a lot on party nights - it's like tradition.

Quasimodo
07-01-2008, 10:56 AM
Lori,

Whether or not you will be able to do this depends on how tolerant of heat you are and how well hydrated you are. As has already been said, it will be very warm and humid in Sept. Even after sunset. However, if you drink lots of water (before and during the party) and go into the shops to cool off, you should be fine. Bring a change of clothes and rent a locker. Then change if you get too hot.

I wore a pirate costume to the Pirate & Princess Party in August last year. I had on a long sleeve dark purple cotton pirate shirt, black scrub pants, a long vest, tri-cornered hat, black boots, and various other pirate accessories. I arrived at the park at 4 PM (was the only idiot dressed like a pirate at that time:pirate:) with the sun still high in the sky. I drank a lot of water and sweated a lot. Fortunately for me, it stormed shortly afterward and cooled things down some. I still had a blast though. People were wanting to have pictures made with me and some even thought I worked there. ;)

Imagineer1981
07-01-2008, 02:39 PM
it really depends on the day. Sept is usually humid..so make sure to drink lots of water. We were really hot watching the fireworks/parade but in all the attractions we were just fine.

LoriSan
07-04-2008, 11:17 AM
Thanks for all the input. I think I'm going to bring it. I can always wear lightweight shorts and a tank top undernieth, and take it off and put it on as I want.

DANAM
07-19-2008, 02:55 PM
We went same week last year. It was sooo hot that week. My son was captain hook. When we got back to the hotel I took the costume off of him and he has a tee shirt under it. I thought he spilled something all over himself because it was soaked, then I realized it was sweat. It didn't stop him though. He never complained. I would suggest one of those personal fans worn under your costume and when you are in lines or on mild rides fan yourself off.