PDA

View Full Version : Tom Sawyer paintbrushes

sisterslovindisney
06-26-2008, 12:35 PM
I recently read on here about finding the paint brushes on Tom Sawyer Island. I was telling my DS10 about it and he asked if they were regular paintbrushes. I wasn't sure and I knew the best place to get ??? answered is right here! So what can you all tell me about the paint brushes? Color, size, etc. Also I believe when you find one you get a fastfass for a ride - is that right?
Thanks in advance!!!

sisterslovindisney
06-26-2008, 02:24 PM
anyone :confused:

RBrooksC
06-26-2008, 03:04 PM
I forgot about them when I was there last year but I think they are regular paint brushes and they are a reference to Tom and Huck having to whitewash the fences in the story. From what I understand they are scattered throughout TSI. Exactly where they are I would have to do some research to find it.

sisterslovindisney
06-26-2008, 03:31 PM
Thanks!

cgriff
06-26-2008, 05:52 PM
Tom Sawyer's Island opens a little bit later than the rest of Frontierland (check guide maps). So, if you go straight there after the rope-drop, you will have to wait a while before the first raft heads over to the island. Most of the paintbrushes are usually found by people crossing over on that first raft of the day. You can sometimes spot a hidden paintbrush while waiting to cross, or while crossing on the raft. They are big, oversized brushes, with dried white paint all over them. If you are lucky enough to find one of the paintbrushes, show it to your return raft pilot and she'll/he'll tell you how to trade the paintbrush in for one of the fast-passes. The pass is good for the number of people in your party. The pass that my daugther received for finding a paintbush back in July '07 was valid for any attraction at MK, not just BTMR or SplashMt. (She chose BTMR anyway.)

cgriff

sisterslovindisney
06-26-2008, 09:12 PM
Thank you so much for that info. My DS is very excited about looking for them!

CU Tiger
06-30-2008, 01:05 PM
The first 15 people in line were there early just to find the paintbrushes. There were eight of us in our group and we spit up to find them. It was a mad dash off of the raft to go hunting. We found two of them. They are not hidden in hard to find areas, but are typically just laying on something in plane site. One of the brushes was on the checker board that was right where you exit the raft. Two CMs were playing checkers at the time. One of our brushes was not oversized. It was standard size and the brushes themselves were very short with dried white paint on it. Since we only needed one for our group, we gave the second one to someone else. The fast past they give you is good for one use for your entire group to ride Splash or Thunder Mountains at any return time posted. It was a fun experience. :mickey: