PDA

View Full Version : Anybody have any luck on a waitlist for October?

lockedoutlogic
06-26-2008, 11:55 AM
We went on the waitlist for BWV and BCV at 9:05 on the day of the 7 month window opening for Oct 11-16....and haven't heard a peep....

I do, of course, realize that there is high demand due to Food and Wine....but even still it seems a little ridiculous....

I was wondering if anyone has gotten a waitlist to come though for the approximate timeframe at these or other DVC locations?....any luck with one bedrooms?....anyone still on a waitlist for Beach or Boardwalk who attempted to book in the home resort window?

Just trying to figure out if i have any options available.....as i like OKW fine.....but would like a little excitement in my life here....

thanks...

dlpmikki
06-26-2008, 01:47 PM
I eventually got Beach Club in that time frame last year. I did have huge problems with errors in the waitlist process. If you haven't got a back up place booked (and it sounds like you may have got OKW already) I would do so ASAP. Disney were trying to tell me there were no rooms available anywhere on property for some of the time.

fanofdisney
06-26-2008, 02:16 PM
We are booked at SSR for Oct 25-Nov 1 but are on a waitlist for AKV, BWV or BCV. I will be very excited if any of those come through. We need a 2 bedroom, I hope that doesn't make our chances even slimmer. I check the DVC website once sometimes twice a day in hopes that something has come through for us. Keep us posted if you get BWV or BCV. If you do it will give me a glimmer of hope:thumbsup: We liked SSR when we were there last time but would really like to experience a different resort this time.

lockedoutlogic
06-26-2008, 03:04 PM
I eventually got Beach Club in that time frame last year. I did have huge problems with errors in the waitlist process. If you haven't got a back up place booked (and it sounds like you may have got OKW already) I would do so ASAP. Disney were trying to tell me there were no rooms available anywhere on property for some of the time.

We booked OKW....which i enjoy probably more than most....

the problem is that i like to go there when i want to....not when i "can't get anything else"....

it is increasingly becoming an issue with DVC.....and takes away alot of the appeal IMHO

JWDisneyFan
06-26-2008, 03:28 PM
We were waitlisted for the first week in October at BCV, BWV and VWL. I was shocked when I got a confirmation for a 1 bedroom at BWV. Don't get me wrong, we love SSR but I don't always want to stay at the same place. Can't wait to stay at the BWL. So yes, waitlists do happen!!!

Maleficent's Dad
06-26-2008, 09:14 PM
We went on the waitlist for BWV and BCV at 9:05 on the day of the 7 month window opening for Oct 11-16

I was wondering if anyone has gotten a waitlist to come though for the approximate timeframe at these or other DVC locations?
In 2006 I got into the BC for that week - but in a studio... amazing how "popular" the BC/BW area has become during the F&W Festival...

We booked OKW....which i enjoy probably more than most....

the problem is that i like to go there when i want to....not when i "can't get anything else"....

it is increasingly becoming an issue with DVC.....and takes away alot of the appeal IMHO
I enjoy OKW at least as much as you do! :thumbsup: I actually love the place...

But I concur - OKW is the "first standby" with SSR becoming the "last resort" for many. It's not that I dislike either resort, it's just that the other DVC resorts offer a lot more in terms of location...

I actually love OKW.
I actually like SSR (I know your disdain for the place).

I wish you luck on your waitlist. :mickey:

lockedoutlogic
06-28-2008, 08:58 PM
In 2006 I got into the BC for that week - but in a studio... amazing how "popular" the BC/BW area has become during the F&W Festival...

I enjoy OKW at least as much as you do! :thumbsup: I actually love the place...

But I concur - OKW is the "first standby" with SSR becoming the "last resort" for many. It's not that I dislike either resort, it's just that the other DVC resorts offer a lot more in terms of location...

I actually love OKW.
I actually like SSR (I know your disdain for the place).

I wish you luck on your waitlist. :mickey:

it's frustrating to have "tiers" of dvc....not based on ammenities.....based on availability....

but i do believe that by this time next year....these issues will start to reverse course.....

the bubble HAS to break.....and when it does....travel will slack off....

that is definite side effect of a very strong economic possibility...

disneygirlie11
06-29-2008, 01:06 AM
Yes! We are going the same week only we will not get there until the 12th. We called the day of the 7 month window also and we booked BWV for the 13th through the 17th and we got waitlisted for the 12th. They told us the 12th was a holiday weekend so a lot of locals stay for a long weekend and they booked up quickly. Probably one week later we got a call that the 12th had opened up. I'm thinking you haven't received a call b/c you need the 12th and 11th so I'm sure that is even more difficult to get since you are needing that whole weekend to open up.

MinnieMommie
06-29-2008, 10:23 AM
I have had mixed luck with the DVC waitlist. I tried twice with mixed results. The time the waitlist came through I found out by calling to check on the reservation myself not through hearing from DVC. So based on my limited experience I would call and keep checking on the status of your waitlist request. Good luck! :mickey:

Momof2boys
06-30-2008, 05:06 PM
We own SSR, have OKW booked for 10/24-11/3 and are waitlisted at BCV and BWV. We missed the 7 month window (as we weren't members yet) so don't have a lot of hope for the waitlist - so if it does it'll be an extra bonus. We booked OKW over SSR for our first DVC trip so we could try the "original"

lockedoutlogic
06-30-2008, 05:09 PM
i spoke with an agent and apparently they've closed the single night loophole....

from now on you can't divide up you stay on the waitlist by going on for individual days.....as you were always more likely to get what you wanted than someone who went on for the length of stay....

that might help in situations where you should be near the top of the waitlist but get repeatedly bypassed through the backdoor....