PDA

View Full Version : Soarin

TIGGER17179
06-26-2008, 10:48 AM
Anyone else have trouble getting on this ride?? It seems everytime we went to get on it - the FP were all gone or they were for like 4 hours from the time you were there and the wait was WAY too long like 2 hours!
We didn't even get to ride it last time...

RBrooksC
06-26-2008, 10:56 AM
Soarin' is always going to have that problem due to the popularity of the ride, the limited capacity, and a fixed length of the ride. I went in September and both Soarin' and Test Track had long lines. I decided to just grin and bear it with the Soarin' line. I think I waited about forty minutes to ride it.

Dyanna
06-26-2008, 12:25 PM
We got a pair of fastpasses first thing in the morning. They were for a return in the later part of the morning. Just so happened that a nice couple gave us a pair of fastpasses for that time in which we were standing there so we jumped on line right away. When we got off of the ride we handed out pastpasses off to an older couple reluctant to wait on the long line & was not sure what fastpasses were used for. Pay it forward!:thumbsup:

Gottaluvgoof
06-26-2008, 12:58 PM
We always make a point of getting to Epcot before it opens. We get in line and head directly to Soarin. We have never had a problem getting on. Actually, in September when we go, we usually ride a couple times, then get a fast pass.

bruin1344
06-26-2008, 01:00 PM
the only times ive been able to go on soarin was during illuminations, getting fast pass before running out, or going during a non-busy time of year (mid May), soarin and expedition everest seem to be the only 2 in disney that usually have ridicilous long waits

Nascfan
06-26-2008, 01:26 PM
Anyone else have trouble getting on this ride??

Nope, but we always make sure to do it first thing, right at park opening.

TBY2225
06-26-2008, 01:53 PM
I agree with doing it at park opening! We usually get on the first or second ride of the morning!

#1donaldfan
06-26-2008, 03:47 PM
We open EC, so once through we go straight to it, FP it, then go to standby....we ride it twice within an hour or so.....not bad....after that, the rest of the park is ours till we're ready to leave....it's a plan that works for us pretty well.....good luck to you....:mickey:

Capt. Sparrow
06-26-2008, 04:04 PM
I blame the long waits for this ride on the cue set up. In my opinion, it seems as if disney wants you to interact with these screens that have the interactive games. When they had just the trivia questions up on the screens, the line always seemed to move at a reasonable rate. We used to almost walk right on this and now we wait on avg. 60-90 minutes (based on our August vacation that is the same time every year)...

Septbride2002
06-26-2008, 05:38 PM
The queue is terrible. And I agree with you 100%

~Amanda

Simba'sBud
06-26-2008, 06:00 PM
We open EC, so once through we go straight to it, FP it, then go to standby....we ride it twice within an hour or so.....not bad....after that, the rest of the park is ours till we're ready to leave....it's a plan that works for us pretty well.....good luck to you....:mickey:

You took the words right out of my mouth #1donaldfan!

This is exactly what we do and we have been during Star Wars Days and at the first of Dec. It works for us every time!!

tracibell
06-26-2008, 06:06 PM
You can also try the Magic Evening Hours. We went to the Extra Evening Hour a couple of weeks ago and only waited maybe ten to fifteen minutes. It was the one ride my Dad wanted to do so we would have waited much longer. We were pretty happy. :thumbsup:

CaptSmee
06-26-2008, 08:35 PM
Never had a problem. We get there in the a.m., and grab a fastpass. We've also ridden it during Illuminatins with very little wait when we arrived at Epcot late afternoon once.

Maleficent's Dad
06-26-2008, 09:20 PM
Since we normally attend when schools are out of session, we're there during "peak" (read: Very Busy) times.

We are always at EPCOT before it opens - so we either ride it immediately or FP the attraction.

Never have we had a problem getting on - we just plan for it to be insanely busy, and we know how popular Soarin' is! :mickey:

Coach48
06-26-2008, 10:23 PM
I agree withmost of the other posters.Open the park,FP then standby.Usually gets you 2 rides in an hour or hour and a half.

bkfree
06-26-2008, 11:15 PM
For us, Early Magic hours at Epcot is the only way to go.
Last trip we arrived for EMH and in that hour we road Soarin twice, Test Track three times and Mission Space twice. We pretty much just walked off each ride, thru the queue and right back on. I highly recommend this approach.
For us we get the most bang for the buck at early MH at Epcot than any other place.

EPCOTGAL1
06-27-2008, 07:18 AM
Yup, I agree...go early whether it be EMH (or stay late) or just normal park opening. Also, here's a tip....ask a CM if you can sit in front row. It is SO much better...you are brought up to the highest point AND NO FEET above you!! :) It just makes this ride that much better!

oliver&bianca
06-27-2008, 09:10 AM
I totally agree with the other posts - get there early. If you can't, be sure to fastpass it even if there is a 3-4 hour return time. It is sooo worth it. Do NOT miss this ride. It is possibly our favorite of all the parks.

centralohio disneyfan
06-27-2008, 10:30 AM
It is a given that the most popular attractions will have he longest wait. As most of the other posters have pointed out, you have to plan to get there early. Get a fast pass, and if you are early enough, ride standby, and come back later for your second ride.
We make it a point to not wait over 20 minutes for any attraction. We make good use of fast passes, and we see everything we want to see. We have been during busy seasons, and not so busy, and with a little planning, you can do just about everything you want to do.

brownie
06-27-2008, 03:51 PM
Two hours isn't too bad. When the Finding Nemo Submarine Voyage opened at Disneyland last June, the wait was averaging something like 3-4 hours. I think we managed a 90 minute wait in the evening for it.

We haven't experienced Soarin' at Epcot yet. My recommendation would be to ride it early or get a Fast Pass.

disney is supERB
06-27-2008, 04:59 PM
My family and I had the same problem when we visited last time. It seemed that all the fastpasses were gone by noon or one o'clock. The stanby line waiting time was always two to two and a half hours. Because of this, we only managed to fit in one ride on Soarin' during our trip, even though we spent two whole days at Epcot alone. Your best bet to ride Soarin' is probably to get to Epcot when it opens and immediately head down to The Land to get fastpasses.:mickey:

garymacd
06-29-2008, 11:54 AM
I think we did Soarin' four times in one day this past trip.

We are not early risers, but we got there fairly early, got a FastPass and went and did some other things. We noticed that we were eligible for another FastPass before we could use the first one, so off we went and got another FastPass for Soarin'. Then I think we stood in line and waited and since it was extra magic hours that night, the lines weren't quite so long, so we stood in line again.

Love those extra magic hours.

henry.james.s
06-29-2008, 06:04 PM

This is the method I've used since it opened and it's great. Then on to TT & MS in that order.

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-29-2008, 06:41 PM
The first time I ever rode this was at the very end of the night and I walked right in.
Last year we got fast passes and kid swap so we had multiple rides!

mrsgaribaldi
06-30-2008, 01:18 AM
If the wait is to long and the FPS are gone we just skip it, no problem for us. What I have a problem with is all the marks on the screen. They really take away from the ride.:(

RAIDER
06-30-2008, 04:04 AM
Its the first ride i go on at In Epcot when the doors open and i get a fast pass at the same time so i can go on it again ...After that whenever i have seen the lines is always over 30 mins :thumbsup:

rnin02
06-30-2008, 04:37 AM
We are not early enough risers to get there at opening, usually we fast pass and have to come back later. Last year I remember we tried to go during evening EMH and it was a bad wait. I can't remember how long, but it was bad. We ended up giving up after waiting forever. I think the most frustrating part of this ride, although I do love it, is the que (is that spelled right?), it feels like you are never moving. I don't mind waiting for a good ride, if I at least feel like the line moves periodically.

disneydeb
06-30-2008, 05:15 AM
I rode multiple time last year. I got there early and rode, got a fast pass, came back, rode again and got another fast pass.

Did the same another day of my trip.

Daisy'sMom
06-30-2008, 07:50 AM
As soon as we enter the park we head over for a FP. :mickey:

TIGGER17179
06-30-2008, 09:23 PM
We don't have the option to go early. When you are traveling with teenagers they want to go to the parks with the most thrill rides. We also do the character breakfast so we have to hit the other park early.
Where EPCOT only has 2 really, Soarin to them isn't a thrill ride and TT is closed alot for technically difficulty. We are also only there for 3 days so we are limited.
I guess that's why we never ride it...

TIGGER17179
06-30-2008, 09:25 PM
If the wait is to long and the FPS are gone we just skip it, no problem for us. What I have a problem with is all the marks on the screen. They really take away from the ride.:(

There are lines on the Screen? I haven't rode in a couple of years..

Young@Heart
07-01-2008, 01:42 AM
Last trip, we got FP's at park opening, went to breakfast at Cape May, and then rode Soarin'. :cloud9: This time, we're doing Cape May on a different day, so we're hoping to do Soarin' first thing after park opening. :thumbsup:

dumbo ears
07-01-2008, 11:41 AM
well what you do is get a fastpass in the morning right when you get there and if its like 4 hours away just go do something else.

Diznee4Me
07-01-2008, 11:43 AM
Yep, go in early - grab fast pass. Stand in line to ride then use your fast pass, knock out a couple of rides in the morning.

Imagineer1981
07-01-2008, 02:24 PM
sorry, but Soarin is worth a 20minute wait tops for me...its always too long for too boring of a ride....i know I will get blasted :confused:

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-01-2008, 05:16 PM
:secret: We went in Dec. 2005 and went to Soarin around 1015 am....the standby line was in excess of 2 Hours....so we got fastpasses-the return time? 915 to 1015 pm....my sister was the only who went back and used it.