PDA

View Full Version : People who don't understand our Love of Disney!

LizLovesDiz
06-26-2008, 01:14 AM
I can't believe how some people react to me going to WDW so much!Like it's their buisness to tell me what they think.I'm sooo happy that I have a place that I can count on to make me happy every time I visit,how about all of you? :mickey: :cloud9:

Marceline
06-26-2008, 02:44 AM
You are not alone. You are not alone. You are not alone. You are not alone.:mickey::mickey::mickey:

I just got a comment from a cousin yesterday about how we must be the only family that cares this much about WDW.

Gosh...they don't call it the vacation capitol of the world just because of me.:cool:

Those who don't understand my love of DisneyWorld don't understand my love of life.
It's more than a place, it's an experience.

It's family, it's magic, it's silliness, it's elegance, it's pure delight.

All I know is....I will be a little upset, if when I get to Heaven, there isn't a fireworks display every night. :cloud9:

tadshome
06-26-2008, 03:01 AM
WDW is my home away from reality :cloud9:, a break from all the bad things in the world. People at work think that i am crazy and obsessed:mad:... but they just don't understand. Maybe if they visited WDW they would start to realise what it feels like to be in the happiest place on earth :mickey:

SpecJoe Magic
06-26-2008, 05:49 AM
My philosophy is that others have a say in our (my wife and I) traveling destinations when they start paying for them. We really don't care if they think that we go too much. Everyone has at least one obsession in life, and WDW is just as legitimate as anything else.

I imagine that the people who give you a hard time about your repeat visits to WDW have activities that they do again and again. Maybe you should point that out to them.

WDW gives us a feeling of joy that we don't get anywhere else.

gerald72
06-26-2008, 07:50 AM
I've found that people who don't go to WDW don't want to talk about WDW.

Jeniflower
06-26-2008, 07:54 AM
A lot of people (family included) think that me and the evil twin are nuts cause we love Disney so much. Am I bothered, I think not. Life can be difficult and sometimes hard so its important to find that inner happy. Disney helps !

Goofeygal
06-26-2008, 08:30 AM
We go about 4 times a year and people always ask aren't you tired of disney? How can you go so much. I am like you I can always count on disney making me happy.

Nut4DW
06-26-2008, 08:46 AM
I get those same responses from people when I say that the DH and I have planned another trip to DW. I figure they just don't understand because they have never been there or ... they are crazy :blush:

It makes perfect sense to me to want to spend my hard earned $$ and time in the Happiest Place on Earth where a Million Dreams Come True. Where else can you experience the magic of Hollywood, the wonder of Africa and Asia, the cultures of China, Canada, France, Norway, Japan, Morocco, Mexico, Germany, Italy and the UK all in one place? When you throw in the Magic of Tomorrowland, Frontierland and Fantasyland how could you not want to experience it over and over again:mickey:? Finally, add Mickey and all his friends and you have the perfect vacation spot. Of course, I don't tell the critics all of that. I just smile and with a twinkle in my eye and a childlike mischevious grin on my face I tell them "we have the time of our lives there".

DISNEYLOVERS5
06-26-2008, 09:11 AM
WDW is my home away from reality :cloud9:, a break from all the bad things in the world. People at work think that i am crazy and obsessed:mad:... but they just don't understand. Maybe if they visited WDW they would start to realise what it feels like to be in the happiest place on earth :mickey:

my nickname at work is ol obsessed lunatic. so i know where you are coming from

tinkerbelle75
06-26-2008, 09:15 AM
My kids came up with the statement for the "haters" that we are home when at WDW and on a bad vacation when we're home. That usually shuts 'em up!!
28 days to go!!:mickey:

Magic Smiles
06-26-2008, 09:19 AM
One word "JEALOUSY". They are all just jealous of us having this special place and being able to afford to visit it!
I work with one lady - she drives me insane with her negative comments about our trips to WDW. It's none of her business! Okay, now I will take a deep breath:mickey:

disneygeek84
06-26-2008, 11:01 AM
I've always been seen as "spoiled" because I went so much as a kid (which is so far from the truth it's not even funny). Uhh, SORRY! But it's not MY fault that my dad would live on Mainstreet if possible and that they took us there so much when we were younger! We never asked to go, they took us because they wanted to be there and wanted us to come along, too. And believe me, my parents took so many trips without us because they really wanted to go but couldn't afford to bring us all that year.

And now going as an adult with my husband (and in the process making him love it as much as my family:mickey:) it brings me back to that time when I was little and visiting. I never knew how to answer people when I was younger about why I went so much but now I just tell them that it brings me back to a simpler time, and that usually shuts 'em right up.

It's a place where everyone can act 4 years old and no one thinks it strange. It's just about the only place in the world that this is possible. I think that's its appeal to most people who understand Disney:mickey:

LizLovesDiz
06-26-2008, 11:41 AM
HOORAY,I am not alone,that is comforting!
They call me Lizney Dizney at work!!! :mickey:

OhToodles!
06-26-2008, 01:46 PM
My kids came up with the statement for the "haters" that we are home when at WDW and on a bad vacation when we're home. That usually shuts 'em up!!
28 days to go!!:mickey:

Love it!!

Soul_Power
06-27-2008, 05:13 AM
With Disney, it's either you get it or you don't. I have only been to WDW once (but have been to Disneyland more times than I can remember), but when my boyfriend surprised me with a trip, I got the, "Didn't you guys JUST go there?" It's just something you can't describe, nor should you have to justify your love for it to anyone. :mickey: Just know that there are MANY people who get the same weird comments that you do!! :thumbsup: