PDA

View Full Version : Poly garden view room suggestions

em-n-mia's-mommy
06-25-2008, 11:01 PM
We recently decided to downgrade our upcoming trip from a magic kingdom view room to a garden view room at the poly. I requested a room close to the gch. I could not decide on a specific building after looking on tikiman jims. I decided i needed to see what others who have been there have liked the most.

pox24
06-26-2008, 07:38 AM
Rarotonga... We were there last year and it was great. A 30 second walk to the GCH. Our room was on the second floor facing the Monorail track. Very quiet and convenient to everthing. It was our first garden view there and I would do it again anytime. We saved alot of $ too.:thumbsup:

MatterhornMiss
06-26-2008, 08:20 AM
We were in Tuvalu when we went. I booked the cheapest view (which, I think could possibly include a view of the parking lot), but when we checked in, I asked if we could have a view of something green. Although Tuvalu was farther than a 30 second walk to the great ceremonial house, I was happy with the location. I felt I had got a good view for the price I paid. The only thing I would have asked for differently is for a room on the 3rd floor. We were on the 2nd, which meant no patio or balcony.

Even with it being the farthest building from the TTC, the walk still felt short. I don't know other's experiences, but after the first day, we rarely used the monorail from the Poly. We generally took the boat to and from the MK, and we learned the hard way that we had to go all the way around 7Seas Lagoon to get to the TTC. So we generally walked to TTC to get to and from Epcot. It is a lot shorter than taking the monorail from the Poly.

Aggie97
06-26-2008, 01:57 PM
We've enjoyed Garden View rooms in both Tokelau and Rarotonga... not too far from either the GCH or TTC. :mickey:

WDWRox
06-26-2008, 02:14 PM
Definitely choose the Aotearoa longhouse, and see if you can get room #3226. It's technically considered "garden view", but if you go out on the balcony and look straight ahead, you can see Cinderella Castle. It's a perfect spot for watching the Magic Kingdom fireworks in the evenings. AND it's only a very short walk over to the GCH and the monorail and/or restaurants.

DisneyorBust
06-26-2008, 07:24 PM
I would suggest the Tokelau longhouse. Close to the GCH, beach and both pools, yet still is close to the TTC for a monorail trip to Epcot!

ldc12377
06-26-2008, 08:05 PM
Definitely choose the Aotearoa longhouse, and see if you can get room #3226. It's technically considered "garden view", but if you go out on the balcony and look straight ahead, you can see Cinderella Castle. It's a perfect spot for watching the Magic Kingdom fireworks in the evenings. AND it's only a very short walk over to the GCH and the monorail and/or restaurants.

I have to agree about the Aotearoa longhouse. When we check-in and I saw that we were going to be in that longhouse, I have to admit that I was a little disappointed. I really wanted to be on the other side, closer to the the TTC but after staying in the room, we LOVED our location. Super close to the GCH, Super close to the pools, and Super close to Capt. Cook's, which is very handy if you buy the refillable mugs!!! Hope this helps!!!

BelleCiavo
06-26-2008, 09:38 PM
I like Tokelau.

Carol
06-27-2008, 06:59 AM
Tokelau or Fiji. :lei:

Spaceship Tigger
06-27-2008, 07:35 AM
We were in Tuvalu when we went.

Even with it being the farthest building from the TTC, the walk still felt short. I don't know other's experiences, but after the first day, we rarely used the monorail from the Poly. We generally took the boat to and from the MK, and we learned the hard way that we had to go all the way around 7Seas Lagoon to get to the TTC. So we generally walked to TTC to get to and from Epcot. It is a lot shorter than taking the monorail from the Poly.

We ended up in Tuvalu on our first trip to the Poly last year. I had requested Tokelau but was told Tuvalu was the only building available that day. At first I was annoyed since I knew we'd be walking to the TTC a lot, but soon realized that it was nice being so close to the GCH. We always wanted to stop by there and fill our mugs at Captain Cook's before walking to the TTC anyway. Plus the walk alongside the water was very nice every time.

Tegrigg
06-27-2008, 10:10 AM
OMG! We just got back from the Poly, it was our 4th time there. For the 2nd time i have stayed in the Samoa building. I feel like that is the best kept secret in the Poly. You pay for the Garden view and you are right on the pool and you are right by the GCH. If you call and request the Samoa, with pool view you will more than likely get it. It was also a short walk to the ferry. My kids loved it.

1978 offsite
1980 offsite
1982 offsite
1985 Treehouse Villas
1989 CBR
2001 Poly
2003 Poly
2005 Poly
2008 Poly

SBETigg
06-27-2008, 10:17 AM
I liked Rarotonga. We were so close to the GCH and we had a nice view overlooking the quiet pool.

vamaggie
06-27-2008, 10:40 AM
We stayed in Tokelau last Nov and loved it. Had a 1st floor garden view of the "quiet" pool (which my son often had all to himself--except for an occasional duck or 2 in the evening), a close walk to the TTC and an easy walk to the beach for the evening fireworks. Did not feel the walk to the GCH was bad at all and it was nice not to have too many people walking past our room all the time (which it seems would happen if you were too close to the GCH) We love Tokelau and would definately request it again.