PDA

View Full Version : Best Dining places for firework shows??

BraddyB
06-25-2008, 09:40 PM
Hey guys,

I am headed to Disney World in October for my honeymoon. I was looking for a few good places to eat and see fireworks. I have a few ideas but waiting to hear from the pros. I figure I should make my reservations now before everything is gone..is that correct??Havent been there in 16 years but excited to go back.

Thanks for your help

disneydeb
06-25-2008, 09:52 PM
Are you wanting to eat while you see fireworks?

BraddyB
06-25-2008, 09:55 PM
Are you wanting to eat while you see fireworks?

Either/or I have heard about California Grill and was also told about Rose and Crown.. Maybe one dinner with the fireworks and one where we finish up and have a good view...Thanks for your help

disneydeb
06-25-2008, 10:36 PM
You could do California Grill one night in hopes of being seated where you could get a good view of Wishes and another night at Epcot try for a Rose and Crown outdoor seating in time to see Illuminations.

Good Luck! Be sure to call 1 407 WDW DINE at 7:00AM ET sharp, 180 days before your reservations begin.

Are you planning an October wedding for 2009?

BraddyB
06-26-2008, 07:59 AM
No its October 2008, so I figure I need to get some reservations made today

RBrooksC
06-26-2008, 08:49 AM
For our Honeymoon trip, we had our first night dinner at The California Grill. Our reservations were timed almost perfectly that our dessert and coffee came out when the lights dimmed and the soundtrack was started. We could see everything from our seats so that was nice.

Then we had reservations at the R&C and due to being in September after a hurricane, we were able to request seating on the patio. Since I love the comfort of pub food, the R&C was a nice dinner and I had a few pints and we waited for the start of the show. Never have I had a more perfect view of Illuminations than I did that time.

With the R&C, during busy times, it can get difficult to get seating on the patio. I understand you can't request it and can just hope there is an open seat there when you go for your dinner time.

Disnamic Duo
06-26-2008, 09:13 AM
I think your #1 option would be to try to get a reservation for California Grill about 1 hour before fireworks start.

#2, 'Ohana, and plan to finish meal before fireworks begin, then go out to the Polynesian Resort beach and watch from there. They have swings or beach lounge chairs, and there are speakers so you can hear the music. In October it should be perfect and romantic.

Whichever you get, make sure you let them know it's your honeymoon when you make the ressie. I think they go out of their way to make things special for people having special occasions.

bruin1344
06-26-2008, 01:09 PM
rose & crown or the mexican pavilion fast food

Lightnin McQueen
06-26-2008, 01:52 PM
Hi,

How does this sound . . .

If you go for the Ohana option then you could book your meal at around 7:30/8pm and once your meal is done you could make your way to the Poly beach and watch the Water Pageant pass by the Poly on Bay Lake, it's ussually around 9pm but check in info central for details and exact times.

This way you'll get a wonderful meal, a romantic view of the water pageant from the Poly beach, time for a cocktail and then catch wishes.

These are our exact plans for our visit to the world in 7 weeks.

Hope this helps, have a great trip . . .

Lightnin

Aggie97
06-26-2008, 09:18 PM
My husband and I really love the fireworks view from Narcoossee's (even more than the view from CA Grill or the Polynesian beach). And we love the food, service and atmosphere there, too.

While you can see the castle and fireworks nicely from many of the tables, they pipe in the fireworks music out on the porch. Your server can plan the timing of your food service accordingly so that you can go out to watch the fireworks without worrying about your meal getting cold.

We celebrated our 10th anniversary there in Feb., and I don't think we could have had a nicer evening! :mickey:

Crow
06-26-2008, 10:53 PM
Either/or I have heard about California Grill and was also told about Rose and Crown.. Maybe one dinner with the fireworks and one where we finish up and have a good view...Thanks for your help

good choices. I love CA Grill for flatbreak,sushi etc. the balcony has a great view of Wishes.
R&C would allow you to see Illuminations, which is my favorite show

SBETigg
06-26-2008, 11:16 PM
A Disney honeymoon! Such a great way to go. I did it almost eighteen years ago now and the happy memories live on and on. The good news is that no matter where you eat, you're in for an amazing trip.

California Grill is indeed breathtaking, and don't stress about getting a window seat. The fireworks are almost more fantastic on the observation deck. Even if you can't get a seating for fireworks time, you're welcome to come back and use the deck if you have reservations on that day. They're very accommodating.

My other romantic favorites:
Victoria and Albert's
Narcoossee's
Citricos
Artist Point
Jiko
Bistro de Paris
Grand Floridian Cafe
Chefs de France
San Angel Inn
Rose & Crown
'Ohana
Restaurant Marrakesh

Even some of the counter service places can be romantic if you're in that frame of mind. :blush: Best wishes to you both.