PDA

View Full Version : Mission Space

r4kids
06-25-2008, 09:20 PM
DD 5 had her check up yesterday and is 43.5 inches tall (44 with shoes) :party: We have now moved into the next set of rides we can all do. Anyway DD7 doesn't really like high intensity rides ( neither do I) so we were thinking we would do the less intense side of MS. Is there really a difference and if so how much and what is the difference? Thanks for the info :)

GoinGoofyPlanninThisTrip
06-25-2008, 09:52 PM
The difference is in one version you spin (and feel G-forces) and the other you don't. Even without the spinning it is a great ride.

Camping Mom
06-25-2008, 10:11 PM
YES, there is a difference. The first time I rode I came off the ride so disoriented that I was looking for the nearest tree to barf on!! I had a headache all night and had to take a dramamine and go to bed.

I rode the OTHER side the next time, and while you still feel like you take off (which you wanted to feel) it didn't mess with my head at all. I will ride that side from now....hope you enjoy.

minnie1956
06-25-2008, 10:22 PM
Listen
Learn
She speaks much truth.

We just got back last night. I have done both sides. The less intense is equally as enjoyable without so much barf factor.:mickey:

Figment52
06-25-2008, 10:26 PM
Yeah, there is a difference. The less intense side (green?) is just that. Less intense. You still sort of feel the "take off", but without the unwanted side effects. DD can't do the intense side, as it leaves her feeling very unbalanced and "off" the rest of the day. She had no problems with the other side.

The ride experience is still pretty much the same, though.

CAS
06-25-2008, 10:30 PM
If you don't do high intensity rides then the spin side is definitely not for you. I've only done that side once and I was damaged for the rest of the day until I napped it off. Wow.

The difference:

one side you're in a g-force centrifuge :ack:,
the other side you're not :thumbsup:

r4kids
06-25-2008, 10:46 PM
Thanks for the replies. I did the g-force side once and hated it! :sick: I can't do it again. I can't do Splash Mtn. I was really afraid the other side would be similar. DD7 doesn't like Thunder Mtn so we try to take it slow and see how she feels about each ride. DD 13, DS 10 and DD 5 are dare devils like DH. So DD7 and I get a treat or find a ride more our pace while they do the thrillers :thumbsup:

Figment!
06-25-2008, 11:24 PM
Personally, I would equate Mission:Space Green Team to a step above Star Tours in intensity.

I thought it was a little bit more drastic in movement and the confined space could also make the experience a little more intense for some.

Having ridden both, Mission: Space Green Team actually made me a little motion sick where as the original (with added G-Forces) Orange Team version did not.

If one does not wish to experience the added G-Forces, the Green Team version is certaintly a better option from that stand point, but it may still cause some discomfort for those who are prone to motion sickness as it is still a motion simulator experience.

EditReject
06-26-2008, 12:24 AM
great info everyone! i am no good on spinning rides (but i can do any type of crazy coaster out there) but i will definitely check out the Green Team version of MS on my next visit. if it is a step above Star Tours (which i love), then i should be ok. and speaking of motion simulators, oh how i miss my beloved Body Wars! :)

RBrooksC
06-26-2008, 07:44 AM
I am a person who gets motion sick if a read in a car or if a plane hits too much turbulence. However, on Mission: Space I am fine if I follow the rules. I sit back in my seat and I keep my eyes focused on the screen. I never take my eyes off it. In this way my brain thinks I am moving forward. As long as I did this, I am fine. I get off the ride with rubbery legs and maybe a little headache but I get that after a hyper or mega coaster just because of the G forces put onto the body. I usually go right to Test Track after I finish this ride.

MushuGrl
06-26-2008, 05:02 PM
I agree with Figment - if they're good on Star Tours, they should be good on MS: Green Team.

(BTW, am I the only one who thinks maybe they shoulda dubbed the spinning version the Green Team? :sick: )

Nascfan
06-26-2008, 05:08 PM
Jason is exactly correct. We rode the Green (less intense) and then Orange (more intense) versions one right after another on the 13th. The green still shakes, moves, and such and does give you a good sense of the ride, and was enough for my wife. Our daughter and I then hopped on the Orange and the biggest difference were the g-forces.
Both were enough to let you know you were on a high quality ride experience.

RBrooksC
06-27-2008, 12:23 PM
What you will lack in going on the less intense ride is the feeling of lift off and then the feeling of weightlessness.

I love when trying to push the buttons having to strain to get past the force of gravity pushing you against the back of the ride.