PDA

View Full Version : Should i eat at Boma or Jiko for closure?

Crow
06-25-2008, 09:02 PM
for anyone that remembers....i met my 3rd wife when i was dining at Boma for breakfast when she worked there (Jan 2005) & had 2 dates at Jiko w her once the day we met & once when she was working at AKL again & i was trying to see if we could reconcile.
should i eat at 1 of these for closure or just let it go wo it? I did visit AKL another time afterwards as a sort of laying the ghosts to rest, but didnt eat there that time.
this may also be my last WDW trip for awhile

Jen C.
06-25-2008, 09:10 PM
Eat there if you like the food.

I'm not sure that returning to old haunts would bring the "closure" you are looking for. Do you want to relive the good times, or do you just like self defeating activities;)...just kidding!

I know divorces are painful, but why do pain at the happiest place on earth??:thumbsup:

biodtl
06-26-2008, 09:19 AM
I'm with Jen - if you particularly like the food at either place go for it. If you just want to go for closure - why bother? If that's the case, I say find a new place that you have always wanted to try and make some new memories.

SBETigg
06-26-2008, 09:27 AM
I'm not so hasty to say why bother if it's closure you want. You may need to know that you can go back and enjoy the place without any bad feelings coming on. If you're not a fan of the food and atmosphere, yes, don't bother. But if you've always liked Jiko and the only thing holding you back is the past, then I think it may be time to step forward and enjoy it again. Only you know how this could affect you, though. It's a happy place. If you're not ready, and you may never be ready, to reclaim that spot as your own, don't stress over it. There are lots of new places to explore. Best wishes with it.

Stickey
06-26-2008, 12:13 PM
Your choice should be based on the level of your desire to return to Jiko, or Boma. Do not let a bad experience prevent you from enjoying a great meal.
:eat::beer:

Kairi_7378
06-26-2008, 01:41 PM
I could not agree with Sherri more. It's a very complicated decision to make. If you think you'll get some peace by visiting one of these restaurants, I say go for it. If the only reason you went there before was to see your ex... then I'd eat somewhere else.

Personally, I think Jiko would be the better of the two places to have a "goodbye to WDW for a little while" meal. I think the atmosphere would be more conducive to relaxing and savoring than the atmosphere of the buffet. (Plus, for me, the "where we met" would be harder to go to than the "we went here on a date" place.) I know that you're a big fan of CA Grill and AP and I think Jiko would be on par with them, experience wise.

Crow
06-26-2008, 10:46 PM
thanks
i know i enjoyed WDW before i met her & am not letting that deter me from enjoying it still
as far as Boma it wasnt bad but not my fav buffet at WDW.
Jiko wasnt bad either but not my fav place. i do like AKL for the architecture & gift shop, but its not my fav resort.
I may go to Jiko since i have some open meals..have to think some more.
and read some more recent reviews.

Pirate Granny
06-27-2008, 10:44 PM
Are you going by yourself? If so, I would suggest somewhere new...just too much time sitting and waiting to go to a place with memories that you may not want to revisit...I vote for Cali Grill around the firework time...we also actually sat in the smaller wine room and were able to see the fireworks at EPCOT...that was neat too...
:pirate:

Crow
06-29-2008, 12:47 PM
Ill probably b by myself unless friends can get vacation at the same time.
CG is great. i have it booked for 1 of my meals & i might double it up