PDA

View Full Version : Magical Journeys and OKW

disneyplates
06-25-2008, 05:27 PM
:mickey:We just returned from 8 days at WDW. First, a great big Thank You to Terrisue at Magical Journeys who assisted us in our vacation. She did a great job and was very good about keeping us posted and watching for good deals. Everyone should use Magical Journeys, even if you love to plan, they help when you cant always watch for any changes and etc. Again, Thank You Terrisue, it was wonderful to work with you. We stayed at OKW and I admit I had some reservations about staying at the resort. We are not DVC members and was able to rent a 2 bedroom villa. I had read a few negative comments regarding OKW and hoped it would be okay. We were not disappointed. The rooms are hugh and very spacious. The place was beautiful with the mature landscaping and trees and grass. Our unit was clean. There was some what I call "normal" wear and tear but but by no means was it "run down" After all the place was built 20 years ago. The linens seemed updated and sheets and pillows clean and comfy. The kitchenwear was clean and in order. Our housekeeper came everyday and tidied up. (we never saw any bed bugs, and I looked too) The noise was minimal. We enjoyed the whirlpool tub in the master bath. The washer/dryer was very handy. I would wash a load at night and put in dryer when we got up and then we didnt have to pack as much. Had more room to bring home souveniors. Bus transportation to the parks could get long. I think the longest was 25 minutes, that was Magic Kingdom which I think is farthest from OKW. Sometimes if was frustrating to see 3 buses come for Epcot and none for MK. We just planned that in our morning and used it to talk about our days activities. Going back to OKW seemed to go better, but then again we never stayed til the last minute of closing and tried to avoid those crowds. I have been to Disney in April, October, very late August and now in June. I would have to say that June had the most crowds. I would probably try to go again in October. Anyway, it was fun and we hated to leave, but had to return to the real world. Thanks again to Magical Journeys and Terrisue. Joan

MatterhornMiss
06-25-2008, 05:59 PM
(we never saw any bed bugs, and I looked too)

:funny: I guess you read the post about bedbugs at the Poly, too.

Thanks for the review of OKW. Great details.

I_am_ts
06-26-2008, 09:56 AM
It was my pleasure Joan. Glad I could be of service :mickey: