PDA

View Full Version : Kidani News!

Horizon93
06-25-2008, 02:08 PM
I just read on another site that DVC Will begin accepting reservations from AKV owners on August 10, 2008 for stays beginning May 1 2009. While May 1 has long been believed to be the opening date, it is now official!

DVC members who do not own at AKV can begin to book Kidani at their 7 month window.

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
06-25-2008, 05:11 PM
Woo hoo!! :joy: I just called member services yesterday and asked about AKV reservations. I was told that they were not currently taking reservations and she could not give me a date in the future when they would begin. She did however tell me that once they begin taking reservations, you will be able to request Kidani Village or Jambo House specifically.

If this news is true, then it's great for our planned trip next July!! I was afraid that they wouldn't start taking reservations early enough to give AKV owners the advantage of earlier booking.

laprana
06-25-2008, 05:11 PM
That's great news! We're planning to take our first official trip as DVC members next May/June, and we really hope to stay in Kidani Village! Thanks for the info!! :mickey:

Horizon93
06-25-2008, 05:16 PM
It is also posted on the member site now. I can see that 2 br savanna at Kidani next June!

OhToodles!
06-26-2008, 12:06 PM
OK, so if we want to stay in Kidani Village on our next trip in June, how would we go about making reservations? AKV is our home resort, so I can make reservations next month, but can't specify which park of AKV to stay in until August. So do I make reservations in July then call back in August to request Kidani? :confused:

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
06-26-2008, 01:12 PM
So do I make reservations in July then call back in August to request Kidani? :confused:

I would say yes, if you want to be sure and get exactly what room size/dates you want. I'm sure member services can advise on this also, but if you book something for Jambo House in July and let them know you'd really rather be in Kidani Village they should be able to switch over in August when reservations for that area open up. You'll still be ahead of anyone who doesn't own there because it's more than 7 months out. Good luck! :fingers:

lockedoutlogic
06-26-2008, 03:09 PM
I don't think there is any dileneation between the "old" and "new" units when booking....

you will be booking AKV.....not a specific building of it....

they are probably just stating that they will ramp up to the full inventory by 5/1/09....

Has anyone heard the official determination of this?

knowing disney....it doesn't make sense to segment their room inventory and bother with separate room racks, check ins, maintenance schedules, etc.

DVC Mike
06-26-2008, 08:32 PM
I don't think there is any dileneation between the "old" and "new" units when booking....

you will be booking AKV.....not a specific building of it....

they are probably just stating that they will ramp up to the full inventory by 5/1/09....

Has anyone heard the official determination of this?

knowing disney....it doesn't make sense to segment their room inventory and bother with separate room racks, check ins, maintenance schedules, etc.

According to DVC:

Members and Guests will check in at the location at which they are staying. The building in which they are staying will be confirmed at time of reservation.

Horizon93
06-26-2008, 09:56 PM
DVC Mike is correct. At the time you make the reservation, you will be able to choose (based on availability) either Jambo or Kidani.

JMTStone
06-28-2008, 03:23 PM
I just booked for May 19th 2009 and they gave me a studio and it specified Jambo house on the email. Its our first time there and we are only staying 4 days (before 7 day stay on the Magic). I am very excited no mater what building I'm in. There will be many years to come on my AKV points.....

lockedoutlogic
06-28-2008, 08:52 PM
DVC Mike is correct. At the time you make the reservation, you will be able to choose (based on availability) either Jambo or Kidani.

that is unfortunate in my opinion....as one of the two will undoubtedly become the ugly sister (pun intended) of the two.....

but i guess it will be nice for most to have the choice.....

i just hope the new structure is a hit with it's facilities.....because if it is not......

that's 300 rooms that nobody will have a demand for and with FURTHER tax the other resorts.....

Horizon93
06-28-2008, 11:52 PM
that is unfortunate in my opinion....as one of the two will undoubtedly become the ugly sister (pun intended) of the two.....

but i guess it will be nice for most to have the choice.....

i just hope the new structure is a hit with it's facilities.....because if it is not......

that's 300 rooms that nobody will have a demand for and with FURTHER tax the other resorts.....

Not unfortunate at all.

From all indications, Kidani will be as advertised and will be what most of us expected when we bought in. Clearly Kidani will be most owners first choice as the one and two bedroom units will have the extra bath.

But Jambo will still have appeal particularly in the value and concierge categories, but also for those who would like to be in the lodge. The studios will also be essentially the same at both Jambo and Kidani.