PDA

View Full Version : To rent or pay cash?

O'MalleytheAlleyCat
06-25-2008, 01:42 PM
We're taking a trip next summer for 6 nights. We're going to stay in a 2 bedroom at AKV for the first time! We'll need 320 points to stay during the time we've planned. This is including both a Friday and Saturday night which can't be helped due to the amount of time off I get from work and the need to include the weekend. With our points from next year and some banked from this year, we have 295 points, leaving us 25 points short of what we need. I'd rather not borrow from the following year, but I do know that's an option. I have heard about renting points from other DVC members and even being able to transfer points from one member to another. How does this work? Do the points keep their original use year and resort? If so, that would seem pointless unless you transferred from someone else with the same resort and use year (we are making reservations 11 months out). The other option would be to pay cash for one night. I assume it would be better to pay cash for a weekend night and save those points. DVC members do get some kind of discount, yes?

Are there other options I haven't considered or does anyone have an opinion on the best way to do this? Thank you!!

dlpmikki
06-29-2008, 05:03 PM
DVC Members can get 25% discount if the rooms are available on a cash basis.

This thread (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=122549) has some good info about renting.

As people can only do one transfer a year it is not as easy to get someone to do that as to rent but it is much better if you can. I have OKW points in a March and June use year. If I transfer the March points to my June account they become June use year, or so the CM told me when I last did that.

I admit that I tend to borrow from the next year if I need to rather than pay cash.