PDA

View Full Version : Tile Floor Question

meldan98
06-25-2008, 12:42 PM
In our new house we have tile in the kitchen and bathrooms and the entryway. I've always used a Dry Swiffer and a Swiffer Wet Jet on the tile in our old house. The tile in our new house I guess has a rougher texture and it tears up the Swiffer pads. I've been looking for an alternative and found a Shark Steam cleaner that has pads like the Swiffer but are made of a micro-fiber cloth. Has anybody tried this? Do they like it? Does anyone else have any other suggestions?

DisneyDog
06-25-2008, 04:39 PM
Hmmm, my idea may also rip, but it's my favorite kind of mop so I thought I would recommend it. Mr. Clean Magic Eraser has a mop that works just as well as the original Magic Erasers. It is so effortless to mop and it cleans up scuffs and you name it. I had a difficult time finding it originally, but I did manage to buy one at Target. The refills are a bit pricey, but to me it's worth it because it works so well.

Jen C.
06-25-2008, 08:48 PM
We have slate tile throughout our foyer, kitchen, hallways laundry room, pantry, and bathroom. I use the Shark steam mop and it works very well. It handles the very large area, and the tile always looks great. I also occasionally use my scooba (robotic floor mopper), but the areas seem to be too large for it to do a thorough job. I recommend a steam mop/cleaner.

#1donaldfan
06-26-2008, 09:04 AM
Since this site is dedicated to mosty Disney themeing.....

....Cinderella used a brush n a pail of soapy water.....that should do the trick now a days !!

......just joking.....I couldn't resist.....have a great day !!:thedolls:

meldan98
06-26-2008, 12:24 PM
Being 6 months pregnant - I think I'll skip the bucket and soap...too bad I can't borrow Jaq and Gus Gus. :mickey:

magicofdisney
06-28-2008, 09:47 PM
I have a steam cleaner from Phantom that has a floor attachment. It comes with a microfiber cloth. I LOVE using it but it doesn't do so great with the grout. Fortunately I can add another attachment that allows me to tackle the grout separately.

I only use the steam cleaner occasionally. For everyday cleaning, I use my Don Aslett (QVC) microfiber mop. The steam cleaner and the microfiber mop are two of my best investments for household cleaning. I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone that ask.

disneydeb
06-28-2008, 10:01 PM
I have a steam cleaner from Phantom that has a floor attachment. It comes with a microfiber cloth. I LOVE using it but it doesn't do so great with the grout. Fortunately I can add another attachment that allows me to tackle the grout separately.

I only use the steam cleaner occasionally. For everyday cleaning, I use my Don Aslett (QVC) microfiber mop. The steam cleaner and the microfiber mop are two of my best investments for household cleaning. I HIGHLY recommend them to anyone that ask.

I Q too!:D :thumbsup: