PDA

View Full Version : MYW Discounts and other ??s

Dream'nDisney
06-25-2008, 11:04 AM
I was considering buying our MYW tickets now for our 2009 trip (hopefully to beat the next increase in MYW ticket prices - which I thought was usually in August?). It has been a few years since I have checked out the way WDW does their ticketing. 1) Can you still get discounts if you purchase tickets in advance? 2) Even if I have the tickets in hand, can we still put them on our room key once we check in? 3) Any other tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. :mickey:

disneymom15
06-25-2008, 11:57 AM
I think the answer to both questions is no. I'm sure someone else on this board will give you a positive answer.

ibelieveindisneymagic
06-25-2008, 12:56 PM
This is one of the areas that Disney makes confusing.

To get package discounts, you have to buy a package that includes at least a 1-day park ticket. So, even if you have your tickets, you'll need to purchase "extra's" to get any discounts offered. However, you can still take advantage of room discounts if they are offered.

You can have your tickets added to your room key, but not all CM's know how to do this, so it isn't always super-smooth.

disneymom15
06-25-2008, 01:40 PM
That's interesting. I didn't know tickets could be added to room key. I've asked in the past and was told no. I'll have to see if they will do it on my upcoming trip.

Dream'nDisney
06-25-2008, 04:32 PM
I have been getting an AP, so my ticket isn't on my room key, but my family's MYW tickets have always been put on their room keys. I just wasn't sure if they still did that.

Does anyone know if you get advance purchase discounts through Disney still? or did they eliminate that? If I remember, it was about a 10% discount.

fyi - We are doing just room only reservations - not a package deal. (Hoping for an AP discount) :fingers:

Thank you. :mickey:

MatterhornMiss
06-25-2008, 05:15 PM
I don't know of MYW discounts direct from Disney, but AAA does offer members a (small) discount on passes of a certain length or over (I'm not sure if it has to be 3-, 4-, or 5-days minimum, but I do think there is a minimum). Also, I know my AAA office said that if I pre-purchase tickets, I don't have to pay tax, which does save a lot of money.

MatterhornMiss
06-25-2008, 05:24 PM
Oh, and I understand the confusion about pre-purchased passes and the room key. Last time I went to WDW, which was just less than 2 yrs ago, I was told I couldn't combine them. However, after being told differently on this board, I specifically asked DVC member services this question, and they said that the two can be combined--sort of. Since we're going to be switching resorts halfway through, MS told me we would get separate keys for the 2nd resort that couldn't be put on our passes.