PDA

View Full Version : Help me with my MP3 player?

JanetMegan
06-25-2008, 10:59 AM
Ok folks I'm a little behind the times here but I just got given to me a 2GB Sandisk, Sansa MP3 player. I have some music on my computer that was downloaded a long time ago, but as far as ripping my cds to put on there and buying music online I'm clueless. I really want to add some of the itunes Idol songs from this past season but will I need to download a special program to do that? Sorry to be so clueless and stuff-but I'd like to download some music to run to, both from my own cds and online...

LittleSpirit02
06-25-2008, 12:01 PM
What program are you using to upload songs onto it?

To rip music in mp3 format, I use Windows Media Player which your computer should have. Just put in the CD, click the "Rip" tab at the top of the screen, select which songs you want (check/uncheck them), and then press "Rip Music" in the top right.

When you connect your mp3 player to the computer using a USB cord, open up "My Computer" and it should show it as connected. From there, open up another "My Computer" window and go to the folder where your music is stored. You might be able to just click and drag the files from your folder to the MP3 player's drive. Hope that made sense...

P.S. I don't think you'll be able to upload songs bought on iTunes directly to your mp3 player because they are apple/iPod format. However, you can burn the songs on a CD through iTunes and then rip the songs off the CD (as instructed above) which you will be able to put on your mp3 player. A little extra work but you can get your purchased songs on that way.

kakn7294
06-25-2008, 03:30 PM
I use Windows Media Player or Rhapsody for ours - we have 2 Disney MixMax's, a Sony sport, and my cell phone. If I'm looking for a particular song that I don't own on CD, I try Limewire before I buy it somewhere. I have mixed luck with Limewire but when I am able to find a song, I save it to my computer then open it again with Windows Media Player to send to whichever MP3. I used to buy music from Walmart online but the last few times I've tried, I couldn't get it to work so I gave up on them.

PirateLover
06-25-2008, 10:51 PM
You might run into issues if you burn songs you bought from iTunes and then try to rip it with another program. iTunes does encrypt your cd, as you are only allowed to use the songs on 3 other computers or something like that. It's worth a try though.
Kathy just a warning about Limewire and other site like that, you really need to watch out for spyware and viruses. I know quite a few people whose computers got messed up from downloading off of those sites.

kakn7294
06-26-2008, 09:15 AM
Kathy just a warning about Limewire and other site like that, you really need to watch out for spyware and viruses. I know quite a few people whose computers got messed up from downloading off of those sites.Thanks for the warning. I thought about that but I know several people who have been using it without any problems so I figured it was safe. Limewire is the only one that I've used.