PDA

View Full Version : Reaching capacity in the parks

dumbo ears
06-25-2008, 10:15 AM
Im goin to the worl dec 23-26 and spending 2 days in the parks. How long does it take for a park to reach capacity and how long do they stay to that capacity? Also if we wanted to go to a park in the morning then a different one in the evening could we get in and what time would be good to go make the cahnge to each park?:mickey:

DizneyRox
06-25-2008, 10:30 AM
During Christmas time, I would expect at least MK and Epcot to reach capacity by 11am, maybe earlier for MK.

Don't plan on park hopping during this time but it might be possible. It's just not wise to plan on it. Dining reservations don't guarantee entry to the parks.

disneyorvegas
06-25-2008, 10:54 AM
We were at WDW in February and while we were getting on the tram in AK people were announcing that MK had just reached capacity within 45 minutes of opening to the general public. I don't specifically recall, but I assume it was MK's early magic hour day.

SpaceMtn101
06-25-2008, 12:17 PM
if you are staying on property christmas day MK has Emh hours til 3am. The parks that reach capacity first are MK, DAK, and sometime HS. Epcot has a higher capacity but not alot of attractions so lines are really long.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-11-2008, 12:05 PM
:cloud9: We always go during Christmas holidays and MK is almost a given the whole week to reach capacity by noon, if it is an actually holiday even earlier....its hit and miss with the other parks, like someone said earlier be careful with park hopping if you have ADRs so you don't miss getting in the park where your reservation are

tink'72
07-11-2008, 12:42 PM
In 2003 we went 12/26 - 1/4. MK reached capacity by 10:00 a.m. on most days. We went on New Years' Eve and the parked reached capacity almost immediately after official opening. Totally crazy. It was so packed you couldn't move...At the time I thought I must be crazy BUT now looking back we had an awesome time. The kids just loved being in MK on NY Eve as the clock struck midnight :cloud9:

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-11-2008, 10:17 PM
You know, I've only known MK to actually reach capacity on Christmas Day and New Years Eve during this season. The others days it's extremely crowded but not at capacity.

Usually, it's by 10am.

But....this year for 4th of July - by 10am, there was barely 25K in the park. It might be slower this year, because the 4th is usually the busiest day of the year. Although closer to the end of th day we did get to a Phase 2 and I heard close to Phase 3.

beksy
07-11-2008, 10:38 PM
At what Phase are resort guests no longer admitted? Is this usually by 10 too? Also, once it has reached capacity on a night like NYeve, do they begin admitting people again as people leave late that night (like at midnight or 12:30) for EMH?:confused:

gerald72
07-11-2008, 10:55 PM
Resort guests are guaranteed admission to a park every day.
But keep in mind that means "a" park and not necessarily your choice if your choice is full.
And even if you leave, there's no guarantee you can get back.
So go early and stay there for the day.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-11-2008, 11:50 PM
Phase 4 is when there are no more resort guests admitted to that particular park. Phase 4 is a complete closure - no further admittance. Usually this can happen I'd say between 11 and 12 on major days.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-12-2008, 09:03 AM
:mickey: When we were there the last week of Dec. 2005, MK reached capacity two days between Dec. 26-Jan. 1st....as Jessica Sparrow said, one of those days was New Years Eve and it was by 1000 am that day (around noon the other day). We had ADRS New Years Eve for Liberty Tree Tavern for lunch and after we ate we left and went to Hollywood Studios. We always go at Christmas time and do expect it to be extremely busy, but it was a bit too much for us....the term elbow to elbow comes to mind.

Daisy'sMom
07-12-2008, 01:47 PM
Captain, how many times have you witnessed phase 4? That must be interesting and upsetting for the guests.

Daisy'sMom
07-12-2008, 01:48 PM
Captain, have you seen a drop off in attendance at MK this year compared to last year? I think Disney's attendance is a good indication of the economy.

CaptainJessicaSparrow
07-12-2008, 05:11 PM
I've only been at MK sine August, but I was at Pop Century before that.

I've personally been in the park for two Phase 4 - Christmas and New Years. I worked this 4th of July and I can easily say that up until the nighttime, it was pretty slow.

Last year, I was at Pop Century working QSR, and I was getting yelled at because the Guests couldn't get into MK or Studios on the 4th.

And compared to even the beginning of the year, I've seen a big drop in attendance. It's not as busy as it should be for the summer time - which is usually a peak time for us.

Daisy'sMom
07-13-2008, 10:27 AM
Thanks Captain. I know we haven't been driving over like we did last year. We can't justify spending the money to get there and back with everything going up and up. We miss just getting up on the weekend and saying let's drive over for the day. Hopefully we will be back soon.:ill: