PDA

View Full Version : Visitors at WL

Guya103
06-25-2008, 09:47 AM
My family and I will be visiting WDW this August and will be staying at the WL. We have family who lives in Tampa and they would like to come and visit us for an afternoon. My first question is are they allowed to do this if they are not staying at a resort? If so, what does it take? Do they just need to give our name when they arrive? Also, would it be okay to take them to dinner with us at the Whispering Canyon Cafe? Any other input would be great. Thanks!:mickey:

murphy1
06-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Not a problem, locals love to visit the resorts and things for a few hours (I'm from Tampa, too!) They will just need to show their driver's license at the security gate (they will stop them). They can say they are dining there or that they are visiting the resort, they won't call you or anything. They will get a 3 hr pass too. I would go on a ferry or monorail ride, too, we do that for fun if we aren't visiting the parks or are just eating at one of the resorts.

KylesMom
06-25-2008, 09:53 AM
Sure they can come & visit you. When they arrive at the guard station, they just need to let the guard know they're visiting family and will be at the lodge for the afternoon/evening. They'll most likely receive a parking pass where they can simply park in the lot.

Definitely take them to Whispering Canyon - you'll all have a great time. Make sure you make ADRs appropriate for your party size in advance! :mickey:

TammiMcMan
06-25-2008, 11:58 AM
Non-resort guests are free to do anything at the resort, except swim in the pools. Due to some parking restrictions though, you should notify the front desk on the day that they'll be arriving. The front desk will let security know and that way, they'll be given a guest day pass as opposed to a 3 hour limited parking pass.