PDA

View Full Version : Pirate Princess Party-is it worth it??

MickeyMousse
06-25-2008, 09:29 AM
We wanted to do something different and special with our 2 DS's, ages 11 and 6, on our next trip. Something that we've never done before and they both agreed they'd like to do the Pirate (they avoided saying Princess..) Party at MK. :pirate:
Is it worth the $$$? What goes on and how long are you there for?
Also, I'm not sure if it will even be going on when we are there-2/09? But any and all opinions/info is appreciated! :thumbsup:

SBETigg
06-25-2008, 10:24 AM
If they are going on while you're there, it's well worth it. The atmosphere is amazing. The parade and fireworks are unique and breathtakingly spectacular. The characters out and photo opportunities are fantastic. There's a treasure hunt, for extra fun. And even if you aren't into all of that-- the lines are so minimal that you end up getting so much of the park done with very little wait. The longest wait for an attraction we had all night was ten minutes for Peter Pan's Flight. Character lines can get considerably longer, but still fun. I highly recommend it. :thumbsup:

The park closes and non P & P party ticket holders are shooed out of the park by seven. It goes until midnight. You can get in with your P & P ticket as early as 4 PM. We like to eat before we go, but there are special meals available at Liberty Tree Tavern and the Tony's Town Square at the park during the party. Make sure you tell the CM that you are attending the party if you plan to book a meal.

Pirate and Princess Party Info (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/park/pnpparty/default.asp)

c&d
06-25-2008, 10:27 AM
We went when we were down in April and loved it. It was one of the best fireworks shows we've ever seen over the Castle. Our son loved doing all the games around the park and collecting all the beads.

We missed the parade because we were doing one of the games so we want to do it again to see the parade.

I highly recommend it. :thumbsup:

Hayden's Dad
06-25-2008, 10:28 AM
We highly recommend it. We didn't get a chance to ride the rides, but we were hunting charcters and there are many you can't find anywhere else. Plus the fireworks and the parade were wonderful!

joanna71985
06-25-2008, 12:04 PM
YES!! The P&P is so much fun. I have my fingers crossed they return next year, because I am already planning on going to one (or more).

Bethanymouse
06-25-2008, 01:56 PM
I am not sure if it will be going on again, but if it is, it is well worth it! We went last August and had a blast. They have a treasure hunt, tons of activities, character meets, and a special fireworks and parade. It is a really great night, very magical. They even decorate the entire kingdom.

r4kids
06-25-2008, 09:12 PM
We highly recommend it. We didn't get a chance to ride the rides, but we were hunting charcters and there are many you can't find anywhere else. Plus the fireworks and the parade were wonderful!

What additional characters did you see?

mickeys_princess_mom
06-25-2008, 09:46 PM
Is it worth the $$$?
It is SOOO worth it!!! I just got throught putting our pix from the party in an album, and I'm smiling again!! Loved it. Fireworks and parade were awesome! You also get to see "Will Turner", " Elizabeth Swann", Tinkerbell riding on a treasure chest in the parade, tons of pirates, the Ugly Stepsisters from Cinderella, and Jack Sparrow, of course, who absolutely ROCKS! :pirate:

LucyLou
06-26-2008, 02:00 PM
It is very much worth the extra money. We went in August last year twice because it was so great. My DD5 dressed as Cinderella and all the cast members would curtsey and call her your highness, she loved it. She also had her picture taken with Cinderellas glass coach. All the charaters seemed to have more time to mess with the kids as well, Hook and Smee come to mind. I hope that it is on when you are there you will have a blast.

MickeyMousse
06-26-2008, 06:28 PM
Thanks everyone for all the info! :thumbsup: It looks like it's a go as long as it is offered when we are there in February. Thanks so much!! :mickey:

PAYROLL PRINCESS
06-27-2008, 07:48 PM
You won't regret the decision to go. We went with a 17, 16, 12 and 4 year old-all boys. All ages had a fantastic time. You can usually get in around 4pm without having to use your regular park tickets. Even the 4 year old kept going and going. He didn't fall asleep until we were walking down Main St heading for the bus at midnite.
The lines were shorter and they had a dance party, you hunt for pirate treasure, play games.

GrmGrninGost
06-27-2008, 08:04 PM
It's a lot of fun! I think you'll love it! :mickey: