PDA

View Full Version : New DDE Application Restrictions

KylesMom
06-25-2008, 09:22 AM
Just a heads-up that I went to order a new DDE card today for our upcoming vacation, and they would not take a voucher number for validation over the phone or on a written membership application. This is a new restriction, as previously I was able to order with just a voucher number. Now you must have an activated pass to purchase membership.

I wanted to order through DDE instead of purchasing at Guest Relations when we activate our A/Ps because it is made out of credit card-type material instead of the stuff the A/P cards are made out of. Since we'll be taking two trips for a total of 30 days with it, I wanted to ensure that it was durable. Guess not! :(

DizneyRox
06-25-2008, 10:20 AM
Makes sense... You could keep getting the DDE without ever activating the pass, much like folks getting an AP room rate without having an AP. Requiring an ACTIVATED pass just makes perfect sense. I would guess they will step up efforts to enforce the ACTIVATED pass at check-in now as well.

Tiggerish
06-25-2008, 01:42 PM
If you don't mind activating your pass a few days before you arrive, you may be able to get your plastic DDE card anyway.

The first time I purchased the DDE the activated pass restriction was in effect, and I think that you had to purchase the DDE prior to arrival, whereas now you can purchase it at Guest Relations.

Anyway, I encountered a very helpful person, I think it was via the AP phone number, who activated my pass for me and then emailed or faxed me the number of the AP and I was able to use that to order the DDE card and have it held for me at Epcot's Guest Relations window. As a matter of fact, I didn't even have the voucher yet--all I had to work with was the confirmation email that I got after buying the APs online. (I had left it pretty late to handle all this purchasing, but only found out about the DDE a couple of weeks before my trip)

Unfortunately, I can't remember how I then got the activated Annual Pass, unless it was held at GR for me as well (that may have been the case).

I was very nervous about effectively "giving" my AP to another person and trusting them to "give it back", but it all worked out well.

CanadianWDWFan
06-25-2008, 02:09 PM
Thanks for the heads up Carol!!:thumbsup:

kakn7294
06-25-2008, 03:43 PM
Thanks for the info! I'm planning to buy AP's on Friday (well, vouchers) and wanted to purchase the DDE as well. It doesn't sound like it's going to be a hassle to get the DDE - I can just get it when I activate our AP's at MK on our first day, right?

KylesMom
06-25-2008, 03:56 PM
It doesn't sound like it's going to be a hassle to get the DDE - I can just get it when I activate our AP's at MK on our first day, right? Yep, you'll purchase at Guest Services where you exchange your voucher for the A/P. Don't forget a photo ID! :mickey:

Tiggerish, thanks for the idea of activating our passes early to get the DDE plastic card - at this point, however, I think I'll just hold out for the mylar card.

hubbyofadisneyholic
06-25-2008, 08:08 PM
Thanks for the info! I'm planning to buy AP's on Friday (well, vouchers) and wanted to purchase the DDE as well. It doesn't sound like it's going to be a hassle to get the DDE - I can just get it when I activate our AP's at MK on our first day, right?

That's exactly what we did last week. Activated our APs and got our DDE card on our way to breakfast at Chef Mickey's. :thumbsup:

CanadianWDWFan
06-26-2008, 08:06 AM
I think that it is great that we can get the DDE card at more places besides Epcot. But my question is, can we get the DDE card at any of the Guest services? We like to activate our AP's at DTD, so I was wondering if we can get it there.

KylesMom
06-26-2008, 10:01 AM
The CM I spoke with on the DDE line said that we could purchase at any guest relations window where we exchange our vouchers for actual A/Ps - so I'd take that to mean you will be able to purchase at DTD as well as any park location. :mickey: