PDA

View Full Version : Downtown Disney Dining Dilema!

Lightnin McQueen
06-25-2008, 06:06 AM
Hi :thumbsup:

So our upcoming trip to the world is just 7 weeks away :woohoo: and we've opted for the DDP. We have an afternoon and evening visit to DTD planned but we're not sure where to eat :confused: ??

What dining experience would you reccomend?

We have 3 TS credits to use or CS credits if you think there's somewhere that's a CS must do P.S. we're already dining at Wolfgang Pucks on another day.

:thanks: for your help !

Lightnin.

Kairi_7378
06-25-2008, 07:21 AM
The Earl of Sandwich is always a good bet. (CS)

For a TS meal, I'd wander over to Ragalen Road.

henry.james.s
06-25-2008, 07:23 AM
Planet Hollywood for lunch is good.

Crow
06-25-2008, 07:47 AM
Raglan Rd for TS
Cookes for CS:thumbsup:

WDWFanatic
06-25-2008, 09:21 AM
Another vote for Raglan Road!:thumbsup:

avantgardeinker
06-25-2008, 09:28 AM
My first choice would have been Wolfgang Puck's, but since you're already dining there. Go to Bongo's Cuban Cafe. It's really good and really different. We've been there a couple of times and loved it every time! For CS try Earle of Sandwich in the Marketplace section. Normally I'm not a big sandwich fan, but this was really good. I'm looking forward to going back on our next trip.

:mickey:

JerseyDad
06-25-2008, 09:45 AM
.....we've never had a bad meal or experience at Planet Hollywood. The kids really enjoy it, and a couple that we were vacationing with last fall said that Planet Hollywood was great with regards to the DDP which they had opted to do. It's our traditional "first night in WDW" place to eat.

TexasPrincessAurora
06-25-2008, 09:52 AM
Earl of Sandwich is a must for us at least twice while we are at the World. LOVE IT! Love WP as well. Have heard good things about Cookes, though we haven't tried it ourselves.

disneycutie165
06-25-2008, 10:35 AM
some places I would recommend:
Wolfgang Puck Cafe(walk-in)
Rainforest Cafe
Earl of Sandwich(walk-in)
Planet Hollywood

Hope this helps!
Sincerely,
disneycutie165

In Disney, I'm on Cloud 9!:cloud9:

Lightnin McQueen
06-25-2008, 12:33 PM
Thanks to you all for the dining reccomendations, keep em comin :eat: :thumbsup:

:thanks:

Lightnin

Lightnin McQueen
06-25-2008, 12:43 PM
Thanks to you all for your dining reccomendations :eat: keep em comin :thumbsup: and :thanks:

Lightnin

coloradowendyl
06-25-2008, 02:05 PM
Definitely Raglan Road!

FYi, Rainforest Cafe is not on the dining plan.

wendy

cal5755
06-25-2008, 02:38 PM
Ok I know this is not popular but we love Captain Jacks in DTD. DH especially loves the steak and lobster tail. I love their seafood pasta. They have good cheesecake and keylime pie for dessert. My kids LOVE this place and always ask to go back. The younger ones love the dirt n worm dessert and DS 12 loves ordering the steak and tail like dad.....

henry.james.s
06-25-2008, 02:54 PM
My first choice would have been Wolfgang Puck's, but since you're already dining there. Go to Bongo's Cuban Cafe. It's really good and really different. We've been there a couple of times and loved it every time!
:mickey:

FYI: According to the 2008 brochures on the dining plans..Bongos isn't on the plan.
Dining Plan TS for DD are:
Wolfgang Pucks Cafe,Raglan,Planet Hollywood & Cap'n Jacks.

#1donaldfan
06-26-2008, 08:56 AM
Too bad Fulton's is not the the ddp either....it's the best place to eat at DtD for food and atmosphere !! oh, that's just IMHO....:cool:

TheRustyScupper
06-26-2008, 09:22 AM
1) DTD has few options for DDP.
2) Most of the eateries have opted-out of the DDP.
3) The DDP just doesn't reimburse enough.
4) That is why other WDW eateries have dumbed-down their menus.

Lightnin McQueen
06-27-2008, 04:53 AM
Firstly :thanks: all for your posts :thumbsup:

OK so this is where I'm at . . .

. . . Raglan's Irish theme is something I can experience anytime here in the UK

. . . Cap 'n' Jacks looks good but pretty light on the theming and entertainment, we like a lot going on

So . . .I've decided to go for Fulton's and pay OOP saving the 3 TS credits for a nice TS lunch somewhere (I feel another thread coming on :surf:).

I don't know where I would be without you intercotees . . . :rocks:

Thanks again

Lightnin :thumbsup: