PDA

View Full Version : enjoying Disney more after many visits

briguy
06-24-2008, 09:53 PM
Another post asked if Disney got boring after many trips. I want to turn that around and ask the opposite-do you enjoy it more after many trips?

For me the answer is YES. Back when I was a newbie, a WDW vacation meant only one thing - the parks. Now having been there many times I find it means much more. Without the pressure to "do it all" we get to chose just those things we love. We wake up a little later and I go for my run while DW swims laps. Then we may play a little shuffleboard or just chill, taking in the atmosphere. We know what restaurants we love, so we're seldom let down. Each trip we have fun trying to figure out something new to do to make it special-horseback riding, boating, etc

Plus each trip brings back tons of great memories.

How bout you?

AllDisney
06-24-2008, 10:21 PM
We enjoy our trips more and more each time we go. For example, now we try to eat at a new restaurant on each trip. A place that we've never eaten at before, but have wanted to try. We take the time, now, to make our way over to the Boardwalk, or to AKL to try Jiko, which has become one of our all time favorites. Instead of feeling "guilty" about leaving the parks to actually eat at an amazing restaurant, that's part of our "casual" approach to our vacations at WDW nowadays:mickey:

We don't rush to the parks first thing in the morning just to wait in lines for the various parks to open. We now get to the parks about 30 minutes after opening & we just walk right on in:thumbsup:

On our ext trip, December 2009, we hope to take the time out and play mini golf. WDW is just as exciting & fun as our first trip....nowadays we just tend to smell the roses more:cloud9:

Tigerinvestigator
06-24-2008, 10:27 PM
Yep, It's just like coming home. Only it's better than home. It's the way home should be.:confused: :thumbsup:

katzctkpt
06-24-2008, 11:31 PM
Even though it's a year in between visits it's like we never left. It's like coming home. Now that we know our vacations upcoming will be returning to wdw we've slowed down and try not to rush through everything. If we don't get to it this visit then we will the next. Restaurants we've decided to try a couple new ones each visit until we've done them all then we'll return to our favorites.

BMan62
06-24-2008, 11:43 PM
I'm not sure about enjoying it more, but I sure do appreciate it more on each visit. Just being able to relax and let all the cares of the world go away.

mickeymousedabomb
06-25-2008, 10:12 AM
Coming up on our 4th trip as a family, we find that we've slowed down a bit and take in all that's around us. There is so much beauty and atmosphere here outside the parks. We go for longer now too, 10 nights as opposed to 6 or 7. We enjoy the parks at a different pace rather than rush rush which could lead to bypassing the great simple things like hidden mickeys for example. We love trying the resaurants the resorts have to offer and realized its okay to just relax around your resort. There are still things we haven't gotten to do in our last 3 trips like, watching the opening ceremony at MK, seeing lights motor action!, checking out Tom Sawyer island, watching the electric parade, just to name a few. So we are planning to get in what we can in on our next trip. And hopefully we won't get to them all, it'll give us another reason to book another trip besides going cause WE LOVE IT THERE!!

FromKnoxvilleto Disney
06-25-2008, 11:05 AM
I agree completely that we enjoy them more now! We do not feel rushed and we take the time to enjoy the little things. Trying new places to eat, updated rides, and even new shows. It seems like every time there is something new to enjoy. The best part is laughing with my family and making memories for a lifetime. DW is the one thing that everyone in my family agrees on and we love every part about it.

Disney Doll
06-25-2008, 01:44 PM
I think I do enjoy trips more now than when it was new. I know where I am going and how to get there. I know what to expect and what to do in almost any given situation. I just feel more relaxed because I am in familiar surroundings. I also know what I like and what I prefer to skip so there's no pressure to squeeze in everything. There's always next year.

CaptainSad
06-25-2008, 03:00 PM
I have to say I enjoy Disney now, then I did the 1st or 2nd time there. My next trip will be number 24 for 10 days in December 2009. When I went back this past December, I was by myself and I could go,do anything I wanted at a pace I could enjoy. I went down for 8 days and got to do everything at the four parks. This time there was nobody holding me back. I did miss the wife and kids though. I did it once. I wouldn't recommend it if you don't like talking to yourself all the time. It was a early Christmas present for me from the wife. I guess I owe her big time. I have her covered for our 25th wedding Anniversary in October of 2009. Can you say Disney Cruise?

gwfx1031
06-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Now that the kids are older we look forward to just being able to sit down in an area with a cool drink and let the kids jump in and out of lines on the things they want to see and join them on the ones we all want to do. We also plan relaxing time in now where before it was all about the parks. DW and I bring books to read poolside while the kids play.

Gottaluvgoof
06-25-2008, 04:41 PM
I enjoy it much more now after several visits. I have learned so much and now because of that, enjoy going so much more. I remember a trip in June once where it was so crowded, I honestly have to say, I was glad to go home. That was before I knew all the ins and outs, the fast pass system, and all sorts of other things I have learned. I also found out that if you go during off peak season, it is like heaven! ;) We go every year now in September. Definitely my favorite time. Another thing I think that makes it better, is my kids are old enough to appreciate it much more. Don't get me wrong, it was great seeing them interact with the characters and trying new rides for the first time when they were small, but they are now 12, 13, and 15, and it is so nice to just be able to go on everything and not have to worry about them being scared, or having to push strollers, or having to carry lots of supplies to the parks.

p.s. I also have a 17 year old, but I am sorry to admit that he truly doesn't care at all for Disney World. :confused:

elmjimmlm
06-25-2008, 04:53 PM
It seems like for me that every time we plan to go then there is much more anticipation then the time before...I know how there are some that "don't get it" but for me its more then just the trip itself...I enjoy the planning, staying on Intercot for days and days and I know it sounds silly but I love talking to anyone from the dinning # to my travel agent...It is also a time when it seems like my kids are on their best behavior...They don't complain in line or have very many meltdowns...All I can say is I JUST LOVE IT ALL!!!

Crow
06-25-2008, 09:43 PM
WDW has been my only vacation for many yrs.
I pledge to try diff things after being there so much. so i try to see parades, enjoy diff resorts & eat at diff places. theres still a lot of things ive never done & probably wont do since its not my thing.
but I will try to enjoy the parks & not rush for the rides this trip

Figment52
06-25-2008, 10:45 PM
We enjoy it more. After 10 trips, we know what we like, what we don't, and what works for us. There's no pressure to do everything, or even try to. We just take our time, do what we like, and soak up the atmosphere.

On a side note, DD does tend to get bored with trips too close together. She prefers to visit new places in between trips, as she's not the Disney freak I am. Haha.

cal5755
06-25-2008, 10:48 PM
Coming up on our 4th trip as a family, we find that we've slowed down a bit and take in all that's around us. There is so much beauty and atmosphere here outside the parks. We go for longer now too, 10 nights as opposed to 6 or 7. We enjoy the parks at a different pace rather than rush rush which could lead to bypassing the great simple things like hidden mickeys for example. We love trying the resaurants the resorts have to offer and realized its okay to just relax around your resort. There are still things we haven't gotten to do in our last 3 trips like, watching the opening ceremony at MK, seeing lights motor action!, checking out Tom Sawyer island, watching the electric parade, just to name a few. So we are planning to get in what we can in on our next trip. And hopefully we won't get to them all, it'll give us another reason to book another trip besides going cause WE LOVE IT THERE!!

This sounds exactly like our family. We are also going for our 4th trip as a family (I have been more though). We are going for 10 nights and will try to do things we have not done on past trips. We will have more time to relax by the pool and take a slower pace. Of course we always try to take one person with us who has never been before.. this year we are taking 2 people who have never been and my best friend is coming and her 4 grandchildren who have never been either. It is always fun to see the World through the eyes of a first timer!!

mrsgaribaldi
06-25-2008, 10:56 PM
It's the only place we go many times a year for many years. It's better now because we can relax and really get a vacation too:thumbsup: And I know you all know what I mean;)

EditReject
06-26-2008, 12:42 AM
i absolutely enjoy it more and more each time i go. as i get older i like to think i get a bit wiser and plan better and not rush as much each time i go. planning the trips have become more and more enjoyable too as time goes on as you have more "experiences" to build on. after a nine year absence, i will have been to WDW 3 times in a year this dec. i think i am making up for lost time! :mickey:

LizLovesDiz
06-26-2008, 12:51 AM
I found that when i go each time,I have a different kind of expierience.I went in Dec.this past year with a friend of mine,and we did so much that i never did before because she was up for anything.When i go with my daughter,we do stuff that she wants to do.When my husband and I go,we just relax,and have a good time. :mickey:

bruin1344
06-26-2008, 01:03 PM
i dont get sick of disney because there is always a new attraction that i havent been on yet or a restaurant i havent eaten at yet plus i never get sick of my favorite attractions

WDWHart
06-26-2008, 02:58 PM
Now that we are on abbout or 10th or 12th Visit Since our Honeymoon in 96, we have slowed gradually on every visit to enjoy all of Disney to its fullest. the biggest problem my DW has is that she is a planner and worries about our Disney Family during our visits. Plus now that we have a DS1 we have slowed drastically and we love it. It is amazing what you miss when running from ride to ride.

I still look back to the younger days, about 3 years ago, when we would ride Aerosmith and TofT till we ahd a headache or worse. :sick: But now I can ride them once or twice and head out for some mini golf or a nice quiet lunch at our DVC "Home away from Home":cloud9:.

We are already planning our trip for next year in May and can't wait to get back this year. Will have to delegate dinner plans to DW to keep her busy. :mickey:

lockedoutlogic
06-26-2008, 03:01 PM
I feel more comfortable at WDW than i ever will where i live.....

it is like "going home".....and it has nothing to do with a timeshare....

1stitch
06-27-2008, 02:05 PM
I think the one reason you don't get tired of it is there is so much you can do. We also get smarter each time we go, learning from the other trips we have taken. Like when and where to go and what times.... its part of the fun to me. We went spring break week before Easter, I dreaded it because we have always gone off season. But I already knew all the tricks and it turned out to be one of our best vacations yet.

MississippiDisneyFreak
07-11-2008, 11:38 AM
:D We only go every three years and while I can see that maybe someone who visits mulitiple times a year might get bored with some attractions, I just don't think that will happen to me.....I think you can never replace that feeling of first seeing the castle or riding POTC or seeing just how huge the parks are, these things are magical....However, I think you do enjoy some things more after visiting a few times because you get educated on things like making ADRs for those "must do restaurants" , planning the appropriate amount of time for each park, what attractions to visit first to make the most of the best....so if you look at it like that, yes it gets better

indytraveler
07-11-2008, 11:47 AM
A WDW vacation never gets old or tired. We may feel tired after our return but thats because we have thouroughly enjoyed every minute of time at WDW. New experiences and each day something a little different. Even though you know what you want to do in the Parks it still brings a great deal of anticipation heading into that day. spending some "down" time at your resort also helps too. Many other things to do besides the parks.