PDA

View Full Version : Seating at Chef Mickey's and My PS Dilemma

Clay Ransone
06-24-2008, 05:09 PM
How is the seating laid out at Chef Mickey’s? I’m taking my parents down the end of November and first part of December and thought I may want to eat breakfast at Chef Mickey’s. I know I should have done this at the 180 day mark but I just thought about adding it. We are a party of three and when I call the dining folks they don’t have availability for three but they do for four. If I book a table for four people and only show up with three what will happen? I may be able to scare up a fourth person if need be but I not sure how thrilled she may be about going to breakfast with us.

SBETigg
06-24-2008, 06:07 PM
I don't think it will work. I'm not sure about Chef Mickey's, but I do know that they wouldn't seat us at 'Ohana until we had our entire party assembled and ready. I understand your frustration.

bkfree
06-24-2008, 07:00 PM
1) Keep calling.

2) Have you done breakfast at Crystal Palace?If not an 8 or 830am seating before the park opens is magical and great food.Nothing like being on Main Street before everyone else.

3) We sometimes do brunch at Chef Mickey's at 10:30 and it keeps us full all day and is not nearly as crowded. Did you ask about a later time?

4) I understand your disappointment. I called this morning for our ADR's and Ohanas was book until 9:30pm every night the entire week we will be there. But, Instead I booked at Kona, which we have never been to either.

5) I have also called for ADR's when we were there through the hotel and got a ressie everytime. That can be a last resort.

LottaLubes
06-25-2008, 08:27 AM
Clay: I just PM'd you...

TIGGER17179
06-26-2008, 11:04 AM
We sat at a table for 4 and we only had 3. I will say to try to get closer to the window instead of out in the open. The tables we sat at had bird droppings on it and the people behind us had one drop while they were eating. I guess from the opening at the monorail.

Sorta turn me off from ever going again which is a shame since the Characters were great.

KylesMom
06-26-2008, 04:25 PM
The tables we sat at had bird droppings on it and the people behind us had one drop while they were eating. I guess from the opening at the monorail.

Sorta turn me off from ever going again which is a shame since the Characters were great.
We've eaten at Chef Mickey's on over 15 occasions the past 8 visits, and we've never seen this - I think it is a pretty isolated incident, although there are a few birds in the atrium . . . now in the parks, I think all of us have gotten dive-bombed, if you get my meaning!

As far as a party of 4 versus 3, I'm not quite sure if CMs are now being told they can't book 3 but must go with the larger party of 4. We've always been placed at a table for 4 (and there's only 3 of us). Hmmmm . . .

TIGGER17179
06-26-2008, 05:17 PM
On the bird issue-- I have heard this off another post here on intercot where it's happened to other people as well. It's on the outside booth way away from the window.
Just consider yourself lucky...
Just like the Bed Bug post on here - It's random I guess.

Crystal Palace is a great place!

4MyLittlePrincesses
06-26-2008, 08:35 PM
On the bird issue-- I have heard this off another post here on intercot where it's happened to other people as well. It's on the outside booth way away from the window.
Just consider yourself lucky...
Just like the Bed Bug post on here - It's random I guess.

Crystal Palace is a great place!

You're kidding right?? You might get pooped on eating indoors? That must be a health violation somewhere :sick:

bkfree
06-26-2008, 10:35 PM
Iam curious, Been to Chef Mickeys several times and wells as thousands of other restaurants and can't say that I have ever seen "tables for 3" ever. Seen table for 2 and table for 4 but for 3?????????????? Ya gotta be kidding.
I say call back and talk to another CM taking ADR's.
Or make it for 4 and then tell them the other person was ill..........I doubt they will turn you away. I know many people that went in groups that all members did not make it to the ADR and they had no trouble and were seated just fine.