PDA

View Full Version : Help with what to do for dec. trip

dumbo ears
06-24-2008, 03:54 PM
Im going to wdw dec. 23-26 with my family of 6 who have gone many times and the youngest age is 17. Also my uncles family of him and his wife 2 kids who are 12 and 10 who have never been there before. Im contemplating what to do because we are only gonna spend 2 days in the parks and I dont know how to tour it. Should we just pick 2 parks and dedicate our time to them or get park hoppers and hit the big attractions. All the kids like thrill rides so thats why we want to maybe do park hoppers. But I was thinking that maybe a day in the magic kingdom then a day at maybe hollywood studios would be a good plan. I need help very badly. We aren't planning on ADRs and I know we need to be there very early or else the parks will be to compacity very quickly. thanks for any help. Also these plans aren;t definite so if we do have an extra day in the parks what could we also do? thanks:mickey:

ransam
06-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Not sure how to answer that....since you've been there many times, you know how big the park is. It comes down to your personal preference. I can tell you what i would do. I would spend the money for park hopper passes...Start the day at MK. Spend most of the day there...then hit Epcot about 5 or so. then next day i'd spend a couple hours in Animal Kingdom, then go hit the big attractions at Disney's studio, and then again hit epcot for the evening. or maybe go back to MK for the fireworks to end my two day trip.
one suggestion is dont' stress too much. Make sure you do what you want, and have fun.

andreallybadeggs
06-24-2008, 04:36 PM
I'd do park hoppers if they are in your budget. How I'd hop would depend on whether I was staying off or on property. If off, I'd do my best to avoid the EMH parks (impossible to do completely since MK has am EMH every day). If on, I'd take advantage of the early EMH park and then hop to another OR if not likely you'd get the kids up early, then take advantage of those late EMH hours. It'll be crazy-crowded so if you could let the newbies watch the planning DVD and then have everyone in the group give you their top 3 "must do's" it could help you a lot with the planning. You might even find if you break into 2 groups then everyone can do what they most want and you can join up later to compare notes. One other thing to remember-- if not everyone in your group wants to ride the thrill rides, use their tickets to get additional fast passes for the "wild ones". Saves time for those riding AND those waiting for them.

Disneyatic
06-24-2008, 04:40 PM
I don't have personal experience with going that time of year, but I have read numerous discussions about that time frame being the busiest of the year.
The only hesitation I would have with park hoppers would be because of the possibility of the parks reaching capacity and no admittance allowed after a certain point and then you couldn't park hop and wouldn't get the benefit you paid for.

It might be a better plan to pick 2 parks (I would personally choose Magic Kingdom and DHS) and spend 1 day at each of those parks.
Then, if you find more time, you could decide what else you really wanted to do and go to that park and hopefully accomplish that.

jpH/keD
06-24-2008, 04:51 PM
Have you done Disney at Christmas before? If not I would suggest hitting the holiday highlights.
Epcot- WS- Santas around the world. and the CP at night is wonderful!

DHS- Osbourn Lights are not to be missed!!!

Skip Ak- its not worth it! Too crowded!

MK- the Castle lights were pricelessly beautiful!!

Also have hot chocolate!:thumbsup:

katzctkpt
06-25-2008, 12:08 AM
I'd say park hop take advantage of emh morning/evening and enjoy to the best you can. We'll be there after the 26th and have read it will be extremely busy. If you plan to have dinner in the parks you better make an ADR otherwise you're gonna be out of luck other than cs meals.