PDA

View Full Version : Preferred rooms

Disney fans..
06-24-2008, 01:08 PM
I just switched from a standard room to a preferred room and was wondering anyones take on if they are really worth the extra money? :goodbad: Thanks for any opioions.

disneymom15
06-24-2008, 01:46 PM
We always stay at the value resorts, once the only rooms available were prefered rooms. I saw no difference. I personnally wouldn't spent the extra money.

Disneyatic
06-24-2008, 02:18 PM
What hotel are you staying at?

The only difference in the preferred rooms is their proximity to the amenities such as food court and bus stops.....

After a long day in the parks, it's nice to have a shorter walk to your room from the buses!

Disney fans..
06-24-2008, 02:58 PM
I'm staying at the Pop Century.:party:

cer
06-24-2008, 03:15 PM
We stayed at Pop Century in Feb. in a "regular" room. We will not do that again. Like the other poster said, it is not the room itself that makes it preferred but its location to amenities such as the food court, front desk and MOST IMPORTANTLY - the bus stop. After a long day of walking in the parks, it is so hard to drag yourself back to your room. Or even worse - getting ready to leave for your park adventure and realizing you left something in your room. It was such a hassle. The Value Resorts are sooo large that for us, a preferred room location is worth the extra $$. Good luck and have a wonderful time!

Figment52
06-24-2008, 03:53 PM
We booked a prefered room this time at the CB. I really wanted to stay here again, since it's been 13 years, and it was the only way to convince DD (she wanted to stay at WL again).

I can't remember what area we were in the last time, but the walk to the main area was soooo long. We'll see in October if it's worth it.

Lizzie
06-26-2008, 03:06 PM
I am all for the preferred rooms. If we are buying breakfast at the resort its nice to send one person to get it and makes it nice and easy to do that. Also at night when your tired and not having to walk forever back to your room.

Also we tend to forget things so its nice to be close to the bus stop if that happens.

But if you are a light sleeper and enjoy all the extra walking its probably not worth it.