PDA

View Full Version : Photopass cd

Figment52
06-24-2008, 12:44 PM
Hello!:mickey: I just needed a little clarification on ordering the cd.

If I pre-order, than I pay $99? They send an email with the promo code that I use at checkout when actually buying the cd, right?
If I buy it in the parks, or online once we get back, than I pay $125? If any of you have pre-ordered it, how long out before your trip did you do so?

Has the process been more streamlined since 2006? I remember that you were only able to view the photos from whatever park you happened to be in, and the add-ons and borders were only available in the parks. The option for buying the CD wasn't even able on the photopass page when we got home, either. You had to buy it before you left.

I'm not positive that we'll want the cd in the end, though, so I'm a little wary of pre-ordering. If we get home, look at the photos, and decide that we only want a few, or none, is the pre-order refundable? I'd hate to drop a hundred bucks for nothing.

Thanks!

Tygger7
06-24-2008, 12:59 PM
I'll try & do my best to answer your questions based on my experience with Photopass on our most recent trip (May 2008).

-Yes, you pre-order the CD for $99.95 and receive a "promo code" via email. After you return home & complete your CD (borders, editing, etc.), place the CD in your shopping cart and check out as usual. There's a screen where you enter your promo code, which deducts the full price off of your order. You are also correct...if you buy the CD during your stay or afterwards, the cost is $124.99. We did the pre-purchase CD for the first time this year, and I ordered it about a week before we left on vacation, which was plenty of time.

- No clue what the process was in 2006. We didn't view or check our photopass pix while we were at the parks. When we got home from vacation, I entered all the photopass numbers on the website and it pulled all my pictures from all the parks, encompassing our whole vacation. From there, I was able to edit the pictures and add borders. I did notice that the options for the borders changed a little for each park, but there were still plenty to choose from.

- There is a money back guarantee that if you pre-order and don't like the pictures, you can get a refund. However, out of the 178+ pictures we had taken, there were less than 5 that I wouldn't have wanted.

TIPS:
1. When you get photopasses, be sure to take a picture of the ID number with your personal camera. That way, if you lose the photopass card you can still see the pictures associated with that card.
2. Tell the photopass photographers that you pre-purchased the CD and they will take more pictures and spend more time with you.
3. Ask about the "special effects" shots. If you do a search here on Intercot, I know there are posts with detailed info about getting the effects shots. Some common shots: Tinkerbell (MK), Captain Hook (MK), Holding Baby Simba (AK), Stitch (DHS), plus many more.

Have a great trip!!!

Aggie97
06-24-2008, 01:56 PM
We've pre-ordered the CD a few times and have been very pleased with the process.

There is a good selection of borders and add-ons available on the web site, including ones for special things like the BBB and P&P Party. There were many holiday/Christmas options after our Dec. trip, too. You also can crop, zoom, and change the aspect of the photo from portrait to landscape (and vice versa).

I've ordered the CD anywhere from a few days to a few weeks before our trip.

The pre-order cost is refundable; however, there is a time limit on the refund. This is explained in the fine print at the bottom of the "Do not delete! Instructions for your Disney's photo CD" e-mail message you'll receive after pre-ordering. In Feb., this language read, "To receive a refund, you must request it within 2 weeks after the completion of your Disney vacation and you must not use the special promotion code to order Disney's PhotoCD. If the promotion code has been used, a refund will not be granted."

Have a great trip! :mickey:

DISNEYLOVERS5
06-24-2008, 02:48 PM
i don't think i will be doing the pre -purchase b/c we are planning on doing the photo session at the GF.

playdead88
06-24-2008, 06:21 PM
we pre ordered this year and it was awesome! all the pics were there the day we got home and after i added borders and fun stuff around some of them i ordered it - at check out you enter the code they emailed you and the cd came in about 4 days - also we did the visa meet and greet at epcot - when we went to get our free 5X7 at the film store under SSE they were able to pull up all my photo pass pics right there and let me look at them - it only took about 10 min after they took the pic for it to come up on the computers there - it was really cool - we will absolutely do pre pay photo pass next year :mickey:

eeyoremom
06-24-2008, 06:55 PM
disneylover55-You may want to check if that photoshoot can be put on your photo cd. and if you can preorder it. The bibbidy bobbidy photoshoots are on the cd if you add them. There is a photopass desk at the Grand Floridian that you could call to ask if you can preorder the cd and then just put the photoshoot on it. There number is 407-824-1700

Young@Heart
06-25-2008, 12:08 AM
Last trip, we didn't order the CD, but we bought a few pics individually. The CD would have been a much better value. We also had all our pictures on one Photopass card. Is this the best way to do it, or should we have a different card for each park? Or does it not matter?

Figment52
06-25-2008, 08:38 AM
Thanks for the help, everyone. I really appreciate it!:mickey:

Is this the best way to do it, or should we have a different card for each park? Or does it not matter?

Doesn't really matter, whatever makes it easier for you. I would guess, though, that one card would be easier to keep track of. But even if you do have a bunch of cards, you just enter them all onto the website and all of the photos are displayed under your one account. That much I do know about Photopass! haha.

minnie-mouse
06-25-2008, 01:03 PM
-Yes, you pre-order the CD for $99.95 and receive a "promo code" via email. After you return home & complete your CD (borders, editing, etc.), place the CD in your shopping cart and check out as usual.

Where do you "pre-order the CD?" Also, does that mean you will stil lget a photopass card when you get to the parks or do you give your "promo-code" to them. I'm a bit clueless, can you tell?

Figment52
06-25-2008, 07:01 PM
Where do you "pre-order the CD?" Also, does that mean you will stil lget a photopass card when you get to the parks or do you give your "promo-code" to them. I'm a bit clueless, can you tell?

http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx

Once you're at the parks, you would do photopass like normal. Pre-buying just gives you a discount over what you'd pay normally.

MauiMouse
06-25-2008, 07:05 PM
http://www.disneyphotopass.com/previsitcdplan.aspx

Once you're at the parks, you would do photopass like normal. Pre-buying just gives you a discount over what you'd pay normally.

Thanks for the link, I was trying to find this for our trip in August and well couldn't. :blush: I've bookmarked it. Thanks again. :thumbsup: