PDA

View Full Version : feeling really stupid

momofaprincess
06-23-2008, 04:05 PM
Okay, I have been researching DVC using the Disney DVC site as well as reading posting here on Intercot. I thought I was beginning to understand how all this works until I read a posting about someone getting only the points they purchased this year but then getting double points the next year? Now I'm really confused. We average going to WDW once a year with a family of 4 and spend around $2500-$3000 a trip so I think DVC might pay off for us in the long run. I ordered the DVD but haven't received it yet. Usually I'm not this dense but this seems confusing. Can anyone help translate how all this works? :confused:

dephenn
06-23-2008, 04:54 PM
Some time DCV runs special offers. When I jioned I bought a membership for 150pts, but we also received an extra 150pts because of a special offer. Maybe it was just the time of year I can't really say, I'm sure that some here will know a lot more then me. The best advise I can give you is to contact DVC and see if they are offering any incentives to buy a membership. Best of luck and watch out for buyers remorse, when you pay a lot of money for something and not sure if was the right move. It happened to me, but know we go to Disney every year and my kids couldn't be happier.

DVC Mike
06-23-2008, 05:55 PM
We average going to WDW once a year with a family of 4 and spend around $2500-$3000 a trip so I think DVC might pay off for us in the long run.

You sound like a good candidate for DVC.

Nurse Kim
06-25-2008, 08:00 PM
We are working with a DVC guide right now and they are offering many incentives. We are thinking of buying into AKV 200-300 points.

Incentives are 1280 credit towards your down payment for 200 points.

2400 credit towards down payment for 300 points.

They will also match your points you buy in equal number of bonus points at SSR. The bonus points must be used within 12 months. If we use December as our use year we could get our points then but not use them until May 2009 when the second phase of AKV opens.