PDA

View Full Version : Disney Dining Tournament: Chip & Dale Region

DizneyFreak2002
06-23-2008, 03:42 PM
The Goofy Region is complete... Here are the results:

California Grill defeated Dino Bites 47-2; Yachtsman Steakhouse defeated Kringla Bakeri Og Kafe 32-16; in an upset, Riverside Mill defeated the higher seed Bongos Cuban Cafe 27-17; and in a very close contest, we had another upset as Sci-Fi Dine-In Theater defeated Tangierine Cafe 25-23...

The Chip & Dale Region games will now begin... Voting will be cast the same way as the previous regions.... Remember, I am going to list all 8 restaurants in the region in the poll... I am listing them as if it were the brackets you were looking at... Multiple votes are allowed for the poll... When voting, please only vote for 4 of the restaurants..

Here are the match ups:

1) Whispering Canyon Cafe faces 8) Cabana Bar and Grill
2) Portobello Yacht Club faces 7) Fountainview Cafe
3) Teppan Edo faces 6) Good's Food To Go
4) The Mara faces 5) Flame Tree Barbeque

When voting, please keep these match ups in mind... Please vote for one restaurant per match up, up to 4 votes... Rememeber, you will be allowed multiple votes...

All should go smooth just like the previous two regions....

Remember to keep track of the brackets here... The brackets have been updated to feature all the completed regions:

Disney Dining Tournament (http://www.bracketmaker.com/tmenu.cfm?tid=278703)

Ok, on to the beginning of the tournament.. Happy voting!!!

avantgardeinker
06-23-2008, 04:48 PM
The only one I could vote for was Whispering Canyon Cafe. We went there last year and loved it. The only other one I've been to is Flame Tree Barbecue and I don't like it, so I couldn't, in good conceince vote for it against a place I've never been.

:mickey:

GrmGrninGost
06-23-2008, 10:28 PM
This is fun! I can't wait to see who wins! :mickey:

DizneyFreak2002
06-23-2008, 10:50 PM
The only one I could vote for was Whispering Canyon Cafe. We went there last year and loved it. The only other one I've been to is Flame Tree Barbecue and I don't like it, so I couldn't, in good conceince vote for it against a place I've never been.

:mickey:

I have a feeling this happens to a lot fo people here...

BritCody
06-24-2008, 06:50 AM
Another 5th seed controlling their match-up

DizneyFreak2002
06-24-2008, 11:31 AM

The 2 vs 7 seed is extremely close as well... But, there is still plenty of time to vote, so anything can happen...

ThanxForNoticin
06-24-2008, 12:20 PM

I know this is all in fun, but the "4v5" matchup is a case of a more public place like the Flame Tree vs a resort Counter Service - much less actual visibility for Mara at AKL. That being said, we think Mara is possibly the best counter service location in all of Disney. They have some of the best food offerings and also desserts there. If Mara was at the AK, it would be extremely popular.

DizneyFreak2002
06-24-2008, 01:08 PM
I know this is all in fun, but the "4v5" matchup is a case of a more public place like the Flame Tree vs a resort Counter Service - much less actual visibility for Mara at AKL. That being said, we think Mara is possibly the best counter service location in all of Disney. They have some of the best food offerings and also desserts there. If Mara was at the AK, it would be extremely popular.

I think the 4/5 matchups in the first round will be the most interesting contests... I wouldn't say one is a favorite over the other...

bruin1344
06-24-2008, 01:12 PM
Teppan Edo is one of my favorites restaurants in WDW

DizneyFreak2002
06-24-2008, 05:38 PM
Portobello has started pulling away from Fountainview... But it still remains the closest contest where anything can happen...

katzctkpt
06-24-2008, 11:45 PM
Love the Teppan Edo. Was one of my best meals in the world.