PDA

View Full Version : DVC vs. DisneyWorld.com

NY GOOFY
06-23-2008, 02:40 PM
I am confused. I just called DVC and could not get a studio at Boardwalk for Sept. 27 - Oct. 2. I got put on the wait list. Then I look on disneyworld.com and it says there are studios available in Boardwalk Villas for those dates. How is this possible? Should DVC members have rights to rooms at BWV first?

scottgr
06-23-2008, 03:50 PM
Far as I know there two separate parts of Boardwalk. The DVC has a number rooms that it can owns/give to members. The rest of the rooms are for regular Joe coming to DW that they only rent them out.

tinkerbell04
06-23-2008, 03:53 PM
From what I understand all of the DVC properties have a portion of rooms that are available through the CRO that are able to be reserved by anyone who wishes to stay there.

dephenn
06-23-2008, 05:01 PM
I believe that I read another posting with almost the same question and someone said that it is a Florida law requiring that all Time Shares keep a percentage of their rooms available to the public.

DVC Mike
06-23-2008, 05:58 PM
Yes, DVC rooms can be booked via Disney CRO.

There are four major sources of inventory for cash reservation:

• Exchanges: The number one source of cash rooms is actually from the Member inventory. This occurs when members exchange/trade outside of the DVC resorts. This includes using your points to book the Disney Collection (hotels at the Disney theme parks and the Disney Cruise Line), Concierge Collection, and the Adventurer Collection. When a member trades outside of DVC, the points used to book the outside reservation are assigned to DVD to rent out. This does not apply to the World Passport Collection.

• Breakage: Another source of cash reservations includes Member inventory that has not been reserved by members using points. Any Member inventory not reserved by members using points is made available to Disney CRO at the 60-day mark for cash reservations by the general public. This is actually beneficial to DVC members, in that the association earns “breakage” income on these rooms rather than letting them sit empty.

• ROFR: Another source of cash reservations is the inventory of declared points owned by DVD. These points are typically acquired by the ROFR process. Since DVD owns the points, they can rent them out.

• Undeclared: These are the units that have been built by the developer that has not yet been declared into the condominium association. Since DVD controls these units, they may be rented out for cash reservations.