PDA

View Full Version : 4th of July

Mrs.Poppins
06-23-2008, 12:31 PM
I know this day is notorious for its crowds but this is the only time DH hubby has off and our flight will be arriving at 2 pm. I was thinking about skipping Magic Kingdom entirely and spending it in HS will the crowds be less intense and will we have a opp. to see fireworks?

katzctkpt
06-23-2008, 04:01 PM
from what I understand Epcot may be a better choice. It's a larger more spread out park.

Tick-Tock
06-23-2008, 04:58 PM
Given that you're not arriving until mid-to-late afternoon, depending on just how bad crowds are you might not even be able to get into MK on July 4.

I saw on another site that there will be fireworks at DHS and a special ending for Illuminations at Epcot. Also, there will be special entertainment at the American Adventure pavilion at Epcot.

disneygeek84
06-23-2008, 06:07 PM
I also heard somewhere else that they were showing fireworks at DTD on the 4th as well. I think that going to any other park besides MK would be a smart idea. But just incase (God forbid) all the other parks are very crowded as well, this could be another option, and you could go there for free.

Figment52
06-23-2008, 06:38 PM
Since you're arriving late in the day, you probably won't get into MK anyway. It's an extremely crowded day - one of the top attendence days of the year - and the gates close early once park fills to capacity. I don't remember where on the boards I read it, but I did see that it's also one of the few days that people staying on grounds aren't allowed in once capacity is filled. I'm not sure if that's correct, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was. MK on the 4th really brings new meaning to the word 'crowds'.

If you're looking for Americana for the 4th, you could try WS in Epcot. We never made it over either time we were there on the 4th, but I understand the American Pavillion has nice goings on.

Tick-Tock
06-24-2008, 05:06 PM
Schedule and discussion here (http://www.intercot.com/discussion/showthread.php?t=136064)

crazypoohbear
06-24-2008, 09:28 PM
Worst case scenerio you could go to DTD and watch those fireworks, get up extra early the next day for MK, most of the people will still be sleeping/recovering.

There is always the beach at the Poly to watch the MK fireworks
The pool at the dolphin is great for watching EPCOTS fire works

DestinationWDW
06-24-2008, 09:49 PM
What you think of this,

I was thinking of going to Epcot in the Morning, then watch the Magic Kingdom fireworks from the Contempory, then after the fireworks the Magic Kingdom should reduce in attendance right? So do you think I can get in to the Magic Kingdom after the fireworks. They are open until 2 so whata think. Bad plan or good plan.

Figment52
06-24-2008, 10:14 PM
then after the fireworks the Magic Kingdom should reduce in attendance right? So do you think I can get in to the Magic Kingdom after the fireworks. They are open until 2 so whata think. Bad plan or good plan.

Going on our experience for the 4th, you should be able to get into MK after the fireworks. We stayed until 2am both times and while I can't remember crowd level all around the park, we practically had fantasyland to ourselves. We were able to ride Dumbo with little to no wait. To my dismay, and DD's delight, we usually skip it, but with no kiddies around at midnight, I was able to drag her on :thedolls: