PDA

View Full Version : What can a baby ride?

missouridisney
06-23-2008, 09:07 AM
my daughter and son-in-law were thinking of taking their then 1 year old to WDW in Feb. then got to wonder if they would get to ride must with a 1 year old. Can a 1 year old ride many of the rides by sitting on their lap, I am sure no roller costers, but what about the other rides?

SAHDad
06-23-2008, 09:14 AM
A baby can ride anything without a height requirement. When our son was 9 months, we took him to WDW - he rode Peter Pan, Small World, Pirates, Triceratops Spin, Kilimanjaro Safari, etc.

SoaringEpcot
06-23-2008, 12:22 PM
We took DS at 14 months old. He rode just about everything there. It is probably easier to list the rides he can not go on. I can only think of 12 rides in the 4 parks that a baby could not go on.

katzctkpt
06-23-2008, 04:03 PM
I would check out the intercot tab above and scroll down to rides and see if you can find something about restrictions. If there's no height restriction then I'd say they could ride. LIke Peter Pan, Winnie the Pooh, Dumbo etc...

Sam&Alex&Josh'sMOM
06-23-2008, 10:42 PM
We took out then 9 month old daughter last September... and she went on everything without a height restriction... Lots of smiling and pointing. (Nemo was her favorite in EPCOT and Dumbo was her favorite in MK)

And let your daughter know that Ellen's universe of Energy (in EPCOT) is a great LONG (like 40 minutes long) air conditioned ride which is very dark and GREAT for nap time for a baby!

EmmMOM2
06-24-2008, 08:06 AM
We have taken a 15 month old and will soon be taking our 14 month old.

We took him on Pirates, Peterpan, Great movie ride, pooh, Small world, jungle cruise, all 3D movies (which he loved), animal kingdom safari ride, norway ride in epcot, mexico ride....haunted mansion

pretty much anything but coasters...
THOUGH
he did enjoy pirates EVEN with the plume in the beginning.. (its not a big one)

tinkerbellybutton
06-24-2008, 10:55 AM
We took DS for his first trip at 7 months and he was able to ride everything without a height requirement (as a previous poster stated) We'll be taking the grandbaby in Sept and he'll only be 10 months, I wouldn't trade that age meeting the characters for anything.

alilprincessmom99
06-24-2008, 12:20 PM
Magic Kingdom - Walt Disney World Railroad, Monsters Inc. Laugh Floor, Buzz Lightyear, Carousel of Progress, Tomorrowland Transit Authority (great for napping babies), Mad Tea Party, Pooh's Playful Spot, Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Phillharmagic, Cinderella's Carousel, Snow White, IASW, Peter Pan, Dumbo, Haunted Mansion, Liberty Square River Boat, Hall of Presidents (another nice spot for a nap), Country Bear Jamboree, Jungle Cruise, Alladin's Magic Carpets, Pirates of the Caribbean.

Epcot - Spaceship Earth, Ellen's Energy Adventure (another great one for napping babies), Nemo, Turtle Talk, Imagination, The Land, Gran Fiesta Tour, Maelstrom.

And there are a few at DHS and AK that can be enjoyed by a baby.

italiangrl.08
06-24-2008, 03:53 PM
A baby can ridde alot at Disney, especially M.K!!! I'm not exactly sure about the details, you can look it up later, but anyway before the park opens there is a section of the park that has most of the kids rides (dumbo:dumbo:, pooh:pooh:, snow white, etc.) It is blocked off from everything else! All the charcters come out and ride the rides with the kids, lines are shorter :crowd:(since it is mostly just little kids with their parents)
Anyway to answer your intial question, yes, there are alot of rides a baby can go on and they just have to be accommpanied by an adult!

MidnTPK
06-25-2008, 10:41 AM
Does anyone know how babies are currently handled on Toy Story Mania?

I know a baby won't be able to do the shooting, nor wear the 3-D glasses, but can s/he come along for the ride, or do you have to do a swap?

I saw the recent thread here on Intercot, but I've heard conflicting info and would love a recent first hand account.