PDA

View Full Version : Would I be able to find funnel cake?

4MyLittlePrincesses
06-23-2008, 09:01 AM
We are going to be going to Magic Kingdom and Animal Kingdom and I was wondering if either of these parks have funnel cake? I haven't had funnel cake in years and it would be such a nice little treat for me. Anyone know if I am going to be lucky and find some? Thanks :mickey:

KylesMom
06-23-2008, 09:13 AM
In the MK, you can get a funnel cake at Sleepy Hollow in Liberty Square. :thumbsup: I am not aware of anywhere in AK that has funnel cakes, however.

r4kids
06-23-2008, 09:40 AM
You can get one in Epcot with several topping choices in America. They have a little stand right out front.

scootch713
06-23-2008, 09:50 AM
ahhhh... you just brought a twinkle(and a tear) to my eye, like a penny falling from heaven. Hope you dont' mind if I share a story with you. It is a bit sad, feel free to stop reading here if you want.

The funnel cake stand is just to the side of the castle as you enter liberty square. I took my 21 year old neice who had cancer to disney along with my 2 girls, age 4 and 7. We kept smelling the funnel cakes, but never were hungry at the time.... so one tuesday morning, we were at rope drop and as everyone was running to their favorite ride, we went for a funnel cake, for BREAKFAST! Lindsey sat there savoring every bite and then said, "this is my idea of a 5 star meal!" I will never forget that day for the rest of my life. What we didn't know at that moment was that her cancer had spread to her brain.... and she passed just 4 months after that. :cloud9:

Thanks for helping me remember the wonderful moments... and enjoy your funnel cake, they are very delicious in wdw.

4MyLittlePrincesses
06-23-2008, 10:36 AM
Thank-you all the information.

Scootch I am sorry to read about the passing of your niece. It sounds like she certainly knew and appreciated a great meal :mickey: I will surely think of your story when I get the chance to enjoy some funnel cake at WDW. Thank-you for sharing it.

laward32
06-23-2008, 11:50 AM
The one in MK has powdered sugar or cinnamon and sugar. I tried the cinnamon one in October and it was delicious. Thinking about it is making me hungry and wishing I was at MK in line getting one right now.:mickey:

ThanxForNoticin
06-23-2008, 11:56 AM
I honestly cannot picture any funnel cake locations in the AK. Just MK and EPCOT (World Showcase). Hope you get to enjoy them when you are in MK.

MuchLovedMama
06-23-2008, 07:09 PM
Yum Yum Yum. I had just said to DH last night that I needed to get myself a Funnel Cake when we go to Disney this fall. Other than orange juice I never had any cravings while I was pregnant with either of my kids except for a funnel cake when I was pregnant with my daughter (7 years ago). I still have not satisfied that craving & I can't wait to do so. :thumbsup:

DisneyDog
06-24-2008, 02:54 PM
We have always passed by the one in Epcot and never bought a funnel cake there. Maybe next time I will try one. I allow myself one funnel cake every other year...I know that sounds strange, but by the time I finish a funnel cake I am so full that I say "I couldn't look at another one for at least a year." I had one at a Reading Phillies (minor league baseball) game earlier this month and definitely had my fill!

ElenitaB
06-24-2008, 03:22 PM
My apologies to the OP who asked about funnel cakes at MK and AK. But to round out the list of where you can get funnel cakes at WDW, they're also available at the Boardwalk.

jpH/keD
06-24-2008, 05:09 PM
:thumbsup: The funnel cake at Sleepy Hollow is awesome!!!! My DD7 and I split one and then had to go back for another!

On our first trip(in O5, before I had discovered Intercot!) I kept saying to my DH this is an amusement park w/out funnel cake!?? We couldnt find it anywhere!! I LEFT WDW w/out any funnel cake!

Then I discovered Intercot and they talk about it alot on here! Since then we have been to Sleepy Hollow 2x and Epcot's funnel cake hut once! I love it! My DD7 loves it! It's a Disney tradition now!

I have chatted w/ Scootch before about Lindsey. We will have a funnel cake toast in her honor on our next trip! I'm sure she is having plenty in heaven!! :cloud9: So glad you have that awesome memory w/ her!