PDA

View Full Version : Trouble at Tony's

CTChris
06-23-2008, 01:51 AM
Anyone else find Tony's management a little unDisneyesque? Last Tuesday we were "the last walk-ins" according to the hostess (not something we normally do, especially when celebrating my son's birthday, but medical circumstances precluded advanced planning) and were promised a nice birthday table within 15-25 minutes. My son watched Lady welcome a new baby all the way to the closing credits (sans sound) before we were told we could be seated, then when my wife asked en route to an outside table if we could be seated inside, the manager was called, took exception to her request, told her our table was no longer available, and demanded that she "point out which staff member said you could be seated inside" (which my wife had never suggested.) Needless to say, my family (and especially my new ten-year-old) were shocked, disappointed, and hungry; later at Cosmic Ray's Starlight Cafe (where they were nice enough to sing Happy Birthday and offer us special seating) I was told I could write to Kim Cook, but I'm guessing we'll be yessed to death with no real answer.

I know, I know, we should have made ASRs for the evening of our arrival (and did thereafter); I just wondered if anyone else had experienced similar rudeness at Tony's Restaurant, or if it was just a bad night to be a walk-in?

Natazu
06-23-2008, 03:25 AM
Never experienced anything like that in my limited exposure to Disney dining.

sisterdisco
06-23-2008, 07:14 AM
That is completely unacceptable for any restaurant, nevermind one at Disney!!!

I am so sorry that happend to you and your son. Fortunately, 10yo's are pretty resilient....

You NEED to write a formal letter stating exactly what happened, and give the time you arrived, what was said about "last walk in', how long you waited, and what the manager said, and any other details that you can recall.
Write a letter and send via mail vs. email. They may take it more seriously then.
You may want to send it to the highest up person at MK. Request a written explanation for the rudeness you received and remind them that you paid alot of money to enter MK to be treated that way.

If that happened at any non WDW it would be a no brainer that you would never go back again!

Last year during Free Dining, we had a 8:10 ADR at Coral Reef. Had 8 and 10yo w/ us. They were so behind and messed up, that we waited an hour for our table. They wouldn't let us leave and come back. All the seats were gone and we had to sit on the floor. They kept telling everyone who came in well after us (after we had been waiting 45", that it was a 15" wait). I finally said to the CM, why are you telling everyone 15" when you clearly know that is wrong, and people are waiting for 45" to an hour? No answer. I had fit w/ the manager, who apologized, and she got my kids who were starving a soda. Needless to say....the whole experience ruined my dinner there.

#1donaldfan
06-23-2008, 12:26 PM
WOW !!! We always make Tony's a must each trip and have NEVER had any problems there....I am very sorry to hear about your troubles there....I suppose you could write, but to what end would it benefit ? Unless your there in person and seeking some sort of immediate satisfaction, your right in your assumption of being "yessed" with no real releif .......I hope it didn't put much of a damper on the whole trip !!:mickey:

garymacd
06-23-2008, 12:38 PM
We didn't have a problem like that at Tony's, but we did have the waiter with the least amount of personality in the place. He was just kinda there - not really. We were on the DDP and I don't know if that made a difference or not.

BelleLovesTheBeast
06-23-2008, 01:29 PM
I'm sorry to hear that. I've only been to Tony's once. We had the most wonderful experience with the staff. We even had our picture taken with our waiter Manny.

I would call Disney and let them know that this happened.

disneycutie165
06-25-2008, 10:47 AM
Usually they are so nice at Tony's! But I haven't had anything like that! Sometimes people just have bad days and want to go home.But when we went it was very :crowd:ed and we experienced rude people, just not the workers.

Von-Drake
06-25-2008, 11:04 AM
We have been to Tony's a couple of times and never had a problem. Come to think of it I have never had a problem with any place I have dined at Disney. Now a few years ago, when we stayed offsite with my wife's family and ate at a steakhouse offiste....... well that is a whole other post.

mickeys_princess_mom
06-25-2008, 11:20 AM
I just wondered if anyone else had experienced similar rudeness at Tony's Restaurant, or if it was just a bad night to be a walk-in?
We love Tony's, but DD and I did have a rude, neglectful waitress one time. We paid our bill first, then asked nicely to speak to a manager. We did it this way so he would know we weren't just trying to complain and get out of the bill. I told him about our experience, saying that this wasn't our usual experience at the restaurant, and we thought that he would want to know about it. He offered us an immediate fastpass to any ride in the park. We again told him that we weren't looking for anything. He insisted and apologized for the waitress.
Of course we headed straight to Peter Pan! I've already booked Tony's for our anniversary trip in Dec. It's still one of our favorite places, and DH would be disappointed if we didn't go there.

brownie
06-25-2008, 02:40 PM
I would follow up on it. Sorry you had a bad experience. Sounds like they were really having an off night (hopefully this hasn't become a regular thing there.)