PDA

View Full Version : real time toy story mania post

briguy
06-22-2008, 07:38 PM
So I'm in Orlando for business by myself. I headed over to DHS after meeting (yes on a Sunday!). I travel here a lot for both business and pleasure, so the one thing I really wanted to hit was Toy Story Mania as I've never done it. When I saw the wait time at 130 mins I bagged it and grabbed something to eat. Then that voice in my head said to check again. Wow, only 120 mins now! So I never thought I'd wait this long for a ride (I usually come off season) but here I am. Since I obviously have time to kill I thought I'd post.

First observation - the whole pixar studio motif is really cool. The queue is way cool, too, but I've only gotten to the first section.

People keep going in and out of line via the door next to Candyland, and one lady just pushed past me without even "excuse me my family is up there". I have a few kids right behind me who did the "wait, weren't you guys behind me when we went around that switchback" routine and their dad then pushed past me to "catch up with his kids". I'm in no hurry so go for it. It was funny watching them try on the family in front of me, though.

Anyway, don't want to sound like a complainer, I kinda get amused by the stupid guest tricks.

Signing off for now from under chutes and ladders. More details to follow...

briguy
06-22-2008, 07:53 PM
Is great. I can't wait for more widespread use of the technology!

medic9016
06-22-2008, 08:26 PM
Is Mr. Potato head working now? When we were there last week he was not working.

briguy
06-22-2008, 09:33 PM
He was working, however there were a couple obvious reboots. At first I thought he was goofin around pretending to pose for cameras. But after a couple mins it was obvious...ctrl/alt/del that sucker

SgtTigger
06-22-2008, 09:55 PM
Now how more great can you get than real time post while in line.......

Thanks for taking the time to report...... Come Nov. Ill be there......

:cop: :tigger:

Young@Heart
06-23-2008, 12:49 AM
This sounds like such a great ride! Bet it'll be worth the 2 hr wait. Let us know when it's over! :thumbsup:

katzctkpt
06-23-2008, 09:28 AM
Sounds like a definate FP very 1st thing that morning at DHS. Can't wait to ride.