PDA

View Full Version : Will we make it????

KayDee
06-22-2008, 04:04 PM
We will be arriving at MCO at 2:27pm. Then ME will wisk us off to our home away from home POR. Then we will be checking in and off loading our carry-ons in our room. Then will take bus from POR to DTD to AKL for our 5:40 reservation for supper at Boma. Now here's the question will we make our supper reservation?

irish1967
06-22-2008, 04:15 PM
I think you are cutting it very close.

Consider an hour for transportation from POR to AKL - which means you will need to leave POR by 4:30.

Another hour for check-in and swing by your room (assume 30 minutes for check in and then 10 minute walk each way to your room and from your room to the bus stop with 10 minutes in your room) and you need to arrive at POR by 3:30.

That means you will need to board ME and leave almost immediately to arrive at POR in time.

No room for any delays at all!

Any chance you could move your ADRs to a later time?

Beast_fanatic
06-22-2008, 04:26 PM
I agree that it could be tight particularly if you use DTD as a transfer point. I'd probably take the first park bus that arrives and then transfer to an AKL bus when you get to that park. Another option is to take a taxi over, or, move your reservation a little later if possible...

Piglet822
06-22-2008, 04:50 PM
I think it's doable, although tight as already mentioned, but I would take a taxi to AKL. Using DD as a transfer point seems to take forever.
When you leave AKL to go back to your resort you can take the bus to DD then take the ferry back to your hotel.

BronxTigger
06-22-2008, 04:55 PM
I agree that transfers at DTD seem to take forever. I think part of the reason is that the buses have to go on that busy road, that I believe is off-site. With your times, you are going to be at the earlier end of rush hour, and that street is crowded enough...you could really be tight on your timing.

I agree...either change the ADR to a different time (or even day) if you can, or take a taxi.

My personal opinion is to not make any ADRs on my arrival day, unless I'm arriving in the morning and the ADR is for the evening. It's less stress on a travel day to worry about making an ADR. I just do a counter service on my first days.

sisterdisco
06-22-2008, 05:21 PM
I would scrap the idea of any busses to get you to Boma.
IF you get in at the time the airline projects----then there is ME, which you may or may not have to wait a bit for......

I would plan on taking a Taxi there. Shouldn't be more than $15 +tip.

Speedy1998
06-22-2008, 06:48 PM
IMHO if it is close enough that you have to ask, you will not make it.

#1disneyfan
06-22-2008, 10:36 PM
I agree with the taxi idea. That way you can take a few minutes to freshen up and unwind a little before wisking off to AKL. I think for the $20 you may spend will be well worth it in the end.

Have a great trip!

Tick-Tock
06-23-2008, 01:19 PM
Our last trip, our plane arrived at MCO @ 4:10. We took DME to POFQ, dropped our stuff off (probably 10 minutes in room total), and we were in the MK @ 6:30 (though a MK bus came just as we got to the resort stop, so there was no waiting). So it's possible, but will be tight.

Plan on taking a taxi. If everything goes well and you end up having some time, maybe take a bus to AK, then a bus to AKL, rather than transferring at DTD. At that time of day the buses will still be running to AK. Or take whatever bus comes first, then transfer at that park to AKL.

Kairi_7378
06-23-2008, 02:24 PM
I think you'd get there a lot faster if you took th bus to AK and then transferred to a bus to AKL. Transfers at DTD aren't always efficient.