PDA

View Full Version : How to do the Animal Kingdom

Guya103
06-22-2008, 03:53 PM
My family and I will be visiting WDW in August and are planning to visit AK for a half day, probably in the morning. We want to ride EE, Kali River Rapids, Kilimanjaro Safari, ITTBAB, and Dinosaur. There are seven of us in my family and we would like your suggestions on in what order to do these rides. Thanks!:mickey:

T-Belle
06-22-2008, 04:28 PM
This is the we would do it.
Grab a fast pass for EE
do Kilimanjaro Safari
go back to Asia-ride Kali
then EE
grab fast pass for Dinosaur
ITTBAB
use fast pass for Dinosaur

I know it's a lot of running around, but that's how we would do it.

SBETigg
06-22-2008, 04:37 PM
I would start at Expedition Everest, grab a fastpass, then ride it and save the fastpass for a second ride. Ride Kali, then head for the safari, and after the safari, go back for the second Everest ride. From there, proceed to Dinosaur, grab a fastpass, and ride it, saving the fastpass for a return visit after ITTBAB. We like to do our favorites twice. :)

If you had more time, it's really nice to make a day of it and do the animal trails, too. Maharajah Trek and Pangani Trail are worth a visit if you've never done them.

Guya103
06-22-2008, 04:44 PM
Thanks a bunch to both of you!:mickey:

Speedy1998
06-22-2008, 04:44 PM
DO Kali River Rapids LAST!!!!

You can get really wet. If you do it last at least it will be no big deal to go back to your resort and change.

Also if you are doing AK for a half day, do it in the moring, especially during the summer the animals are much more active in the morning.

I would also reccomend that you consider doing some of the shows. Festival of the lion king is probably the best daytime show in all of the parks.

sisterdisco
06-22-2008, 05:15 PM
We did a 1/2 day in AK last year---here's what worked for us! Hope it helps you.

Got there a little after opening.
Walked quickly to EE and got a fastpass.
Back tracked to Dinosaur and there was NO Wait.
Rode PrimevaL Whirl and the Dinosaur Dumbo ride w/ virtually no wait.
Walked to the Safari and got FP, then walked back to EE and used the FP.
Ate lunch--leisurely at flame tree BBQ.
Did ITTBAB.
Rode Kali River Rapids.
Left by 1:30-2pm.

Hope that helps!

SpaceMtn101
06-22-2008, 11:02 PM
you can get a fastpass every hour at animal kingdom and walking between rides is spread out and in the HOT Aug heat you will want to take your time in walking so you dont over exhurt yourself so get as many faspasses and it between do indoor shows or shows that you can relax at

katzctkpt
06-23-2008, 12:29 AM
My family and I will be visiting WDW in August and are planning to visit AK for a half day, probably in the morning. We want to ride EE, Kali River Rapids, Kilimanjaro Safari, ITTBAB, and Dinosaur. There are seven of us in my family and we would like your suggestions on in what order to do these rides. Thanks!:mickey:

I would head to EE as soon as park opens FP it then ride and save the FP for a 2nd ride. Next I would head to Kali ride it once off of it if you're eligible grab another FP for it. Head toward the Safari ride onto Dinosaur back to It's tough to be a bug back to Kali for 2nd ride then onto EE to finish up.