PDA

View Full Version : Animal Kingdom CS Options

Guya103
06-22-2008, 03:45 PM
We are going to WDW in August and are planning to spend half a day in the AK. We have found the CS options to be a bit limited there. I would like some suggestions as to which CS to visit. (Most of our family doesn't care for chicken.) Which CS has the most options? Thanks!:mickey:

Strmchsr
06-22-2008, 04:57 PM
I would suggest you look at the menus in Info Central here (http://www.intercot.com/infocentral/dining/menus/default.asp#Animal%20Kingdom) to see what would suit you best. We've always enjoyed Flametree BBQ a lot, but also found Pizzafari to be a lot of fun.

Goofeygal
06-22-2008, 04:59 PM
flametee is our family favorite.

sisterdisco
06-22-2008, 05:06 PM
If your family likes pulled pork or ribs, then I recommend Flame Tree BBQ---food there is excellent.

We ate a Pizzafari last Aug, and believe it or not, Pizza was not on the kids menu---(if using DDP check this out)

The Restauranosaurus, although a Mickey D's, has some variety, and I have had a very good salad there.

Unfortunately, all counter service is really spread out at AK--so it would be harder to get food from more than one place and have everyone eat together.

big blue and hairy
06-22-2008, 05:49 PM
If your family likes pulled pork or ribs, then I recommend Flame Tree BBQ---food there is excellent. Flame Tree is great and the seating has a terrific view of Everest

We ate a Pizzafari last Aug, and believe it or not, Pizza was not on the kids menu---(if using DDP check this out):jaw:

The Restauranosaurus, although a Mickey D's, has some variety, and I have had a very good salad there. It's not McDonalds anymore, WDW took over the food service there.

sisterdisco
06-22-2008, 06:03 PM
Big Blue and Hairy,

Thanks for the info on Restauranosaurus.
Will probably make us more apt to try it!

CaptSmee
06-22-2008, 06:13 PM
My fav there is Flametree BBQ. I didn't like Pizzafari at all.

Young@Heart
06-22-2008, 10:06 PM
My family loves Pizzafari! We planning that as our AK CS in August. :thumbsup:

ElenitaB
06-22-2008, 10:25 PM
In August, the only thing I'll eat at Flametree is the fruit plate. We do like Pizzafari too and it's air conditioned. :fan:

ElenitaB
06-22-2008, 10:27 PM
It's not McDonalds anymore, WDW took over the food service there.
When did this happen and what is the current menu? I haven't seen this reported anywhere.

mickeymousedabomb
06-23-2008, 11:33 PM
We love the Flametree! Not everyone in my family as had the opportunity to try it out so we are looking forward to it on our upcoming trip!

TinkiTime1989
06-24-2008, 12:34 AM
When did this happen and what is the current menu? I haven't seen this reported anywhere.

The only place I've seen this reported is on the Orlando Sentinel website. Apparently as of early May, McDonald's fries and nuggets are no longer served at Restaurantosaurus. Click here (http://blogs.orlandosentinel.com/business_tourism_aviation/2008/05/less-mcdonalds.html) for the report.

McGoofy
06-24-2008, 06:57 AM
Flame Tree is also our family's favorite CS at AK. I especially love the BBQ chicken there, but I see you are trying to avoid chicken. The pork is very tasty too. The funny thing is that Flame Tree used to only be opened seasonly, and we would be disappointed on trips when it was closed. I'm pretty sure it is open all the time now.

We liked the McDonalds too because the burgers were the same as at Pecos Bills, not the typical paper thin McDonalds patties. Does anybody know if the burgers have stayed the same?